Armmite F4: programming the firmware

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 10:57am 16 May 2019      

Woot! My two units arrived today. Concise instructions got the first one up and running in about 2 minutes - Than you Peter!

First impressions;
==================
*Very easy setup.
*Same USB hiccup as CD above but it seems it was around a new driver when not in program mode... gave it a minute then a reset and bingo.
*the thing is quick.
*The USB socket on the board is flaky. Pushing the connector fully home gives no power... seems to like it about half way in... won't matter as I will be running on serial console after playing here.
*Using AUTOSAVE (F10) is not realistic using the USB console. At least with my setup. I have Putty and cut n paste between there and the > prompt to load software. Seems to be too fast and I get 127 lines of a 606 line program... which of course won't run. Small matter for me as I said about serial console in anger.

I am very impressed with the beast and this is going to inject a power boost into one project that was struggling... massive overkill but who cares

EDIT:

Second one up even quicker... The "twins" on test with one of my MM2 28 pin jobbies at the top.

rough side-by-side tests, I reckon the F4 is 3 to 4 times faster than the MM2 at 48MHz just by judging the redraw of the screens you see here

Edited by CaptainBoing 2019-05-17