Introducing the Colour Maximite 2

MauroXavier
Guru

Posted: 11:21pm 08 May 2020      

thwill said  For small scale purposes there is nothing you can do with it that you can't do with a procedural language like BASIC and some discipline. Sure it might save you some code and let you pull some fancy tricks, but it also allows you to create reams of incomprehensible drivel ... I call that my day job ;-)

Another way of putting it is that if you want to do OOP then perhaps a (let's be honest) enthusiasts "toy" that is trying to bring back the warm glow of the 80's microcomputer is not the platform you are looking for.

Perfect explanation!

For me, the original CMM gives me an enthusiastic feeling and some limitations that bring me to the '80s with pride. Remembers me something between a ZX Spectrum (Here in Brazil know as TK90) and in some aspects, an MSX1. Obviously technically it's a different machine, but I talking about a feeling, not specs.

Now, with the CMM2, the feeling is totally different, resembling something that's didn't exist in the 80's... It's something between an Amiga 1200, Atari ST, MSX Turbo R... But with an instantaneous boot with my so beloved language: BASIC.

For sure not everybody can understand this, but for many of us that had a computer in the eighties is a good hobby to develop anything on these platforms.

This is what both Colour Maximites is for me: Machines that brings me good "retro feelings"... A toy for "teenagers trapped in an old body".