MM2(+): TM1637 7-segment clock display

Nabuky

Posted: 04:24pm 15 Jul 2019      

Thank you for your answers.

matherp's prog above should give you all the registers you need to drive the module.

I'm missing some parameters that I do not know, probably from some library. I would appreciate some additional documentation of the program.

I don't know how much success you going to have doing it directly from a PC to i2c as the module isn't a pure i2c interface.

This is a main problem. The term "I2C" should not be used if it is not a device that meets the standards or is at least compatible, the TM1637 only uses 7 bits, should be called "I2C-Arduino".

Quote  I would be tempted to put something in between e.g. a Micromite Mk2 and issue commands via a com port on your PC with a USB<->serial module. The commands could then be interpreted by your microcontroller to drive the i2c using a modified version of the code above.

My specialty is management software and databases, mainy for bussines. I regret that my knowledge in microcontrollers are so scarce, I can not consider now the development of a solution with them.

Quote  I see the eBay link Peter provided now says the sale has ended because the seller had an error in the advertisement - probably the price?

It is very easy to find other valid links, with acceptable prices.

Quote  If you Google 4 digit 7 segment display or similar, every man and his dog sells them. You may need to look at the Arduino stuff.

I try to avoid using Arduino. Maybe I'm annoyed with them because of their lack of rigor in the use of the standards.

I never imagined that it would be so complicated to show the PC time on an external display.

Thanks again.

Regards.