Ma-Sea Solar boat


Author Message
Trev

Guru

Joined: 15/07/2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 496
Posted: 12:17pm 01 Jul 2017      

With nose cone glued in, we then stood the first pipe up on the shed roof and filled with foam - a 2 part polyurethane foam mixed as liquid and poured in. The pieces of ply were there to help in holding the pipe round.

After the first one then onto the next. 6 pipes to fill.

Extra foam was cut back to where it needed to be, some with internal locator, so cut back inside the pipe. 2 pipes were started with internal locator as a plug to stop the foam falling out the bottom and 4 pipes started with the cone on the bottom. For external locators we cut a short piece off the end of the pipe, reduced the diameter and welded into the end as a locator. We did this before we started making the nose cones. The locator is to join 3 pipe lengths together.













Trev @ http://www.thebackshed.com/basiclynatural/