Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:54 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Solar bonus , see the light not the dark!

Page 2 of 2    
fillm

Guru

Posted: 08:30am 08 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Jon,

The em1000 is set up only for the solar grid feed ..
PhillM ...Oz Wind Engineering..Wind Turbine Kits 500W - 5000W ~ F&P Dual Kits ~ GOE222Blades- Voltage Control Parts ------- Tower kits

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:26am 08 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

finally yesterday had talk with ergon and the solar bonus scheme paperwork is in the mail to me now. the em 1200 is the meter I have and have been told they just need to change the wiring for no cost to get it to read for the solar bonus. will soon find out if it works for me but I thnk it will, Mick.
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Robb

Posted: 04:53am 09 Jul 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

KarlJ where did you get your system from?

I looked for a PM function to ask you but I cant find one here.

Chipboy

Posted: 02:41am 20 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It may not be set up that way but it certainly can log both incoming (export) net energy and outgoing (import) net energy.

The inport and export are from the unitity perspective.

Matt

Jon Bennett said   Fillm
Does the em1000 meter power in both directions or is one meter for imported power and one meter for exported power?

thanks
jon

Wind wannabe

AMUN-RA

Posted: 02:14pm 20 Aug 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hey chipboy I have a em 1200 meter and am on the solar bonus scheme but need to wait for the next bill to see how it goes I have 2kw system and for the last 3 weeks have average 11kwh per day but am yet to see the results on the ergon bill wil post when I can
Mick
Every day the sun shines

St3v0

Posted: 11:33pm 27 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So Mick,
Does that mean that you actually export 11kwh per day back into the grid? I am guessing you would minimise your consumption during sunlight hours to maximise exporting to the grid... So then if you're 11kwh are worth 44c per kwh that means you would have $4.84 and even if you consume say 15kwh during the mornings and night at say the normal 16c per kwh, wouldn't that mean you would be making money each day at about $2.44??? I must not quite understand the whole buy back scheme just yet... Looking forward to hearing how this first power bill went for you..!!!

GWatPE

Posted: 11:41pm 27 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi St3v0,

I am RE grid connected. We are making between 70c and $5.00 per day, depending on usage.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:22am 28 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

12 today from the panels my bill reads 307 kwh for 60 days for a credit of $135.08 but we have a way to go yet as we are still using to much 26.4 kwh per day after the solar has offset what it can will post more info next week Mick
Every day the sun shines

GWatPE

Posted: 11:18am 28 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The figures I quoted were profit. We sell approx $2-$8 per day. We scored 0 on the greenhouse TV audit. It is hard to still maintain creature comforts as well as making a profit.

Gordon.

PS The key is to use little power during the day, so as much as possible can be exported.

become more energy aware

St3v0

Posted: 07:15pm 28 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's still some positive news I guess... I had heard
these rumours that Ergon only give you a certain
percentage of all that you export during sunlight
hours... My current usage is 14kwh per day, so I had
calculated that IF they do buy each kwh you produce
during sunlight hours at 44c, you would only need to
generate 5kwh to recover ALL 14 kwh bought at 16c... I
don't know if a 1.75kwh system would give me that
consistently but it sure is looking like it might from
what I've been reading here... I too live in Townsville,
North Queensland! Gordon, what size is your system and
where abouts is it?Edited by St3v0 2008-09-30

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:05pm 28 Sep 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

St3v0 I have a 2kw system in cranbrook you are welcome to have a look anytime just call first
Every day the sun shines

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 08:38am 12 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

sorry for the late reply, ebay is the ticket, plenty of vendors just make sure you get the bigger 58mm tubes.

BTW my average gas use age has fallen this winter from 600mj a day to 200mj a day, the only accounting I can summise is the contribution of the solar (which isn't enough for the family of 4) and now we are in October the gas is off.
the guy I used was Stuart Jones here is the price list
PRICE LIST
Heat-pipe vacuum tube
Price
MODEL Size mm Collect area m2 diameter length No.
Supply hot water L To 50° (flat mount) (add$100 for flat
SA -58/1800-20 1690×1900 2.00 φ58mm 1800mm 20 200 $915
SA -58/1800-302560×19002.99φ 58mm 1800mm 30 300 $1,255
Digital readout controller and circulation pump $445
fancy fitting $67
(I didn't use it because it didnt suit my crap tank)
On top of this you will need about $220 for a PTR valve, a simple one way valve (stops water thermosyphoning back overnight for $7!) some copper and armourflex to insulate it all.

Luck favours the well prepared

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 08:40am 12 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh and his email address

Stuart Jonas [stuart.jonas@gmail.com]

not sure if I should post his phone number, email him for details, I found him very helpful and he's just like us, figuring he's doing his bit for the environment.
Basically the same as the HILLs system but half the $

Robb

Posted: 11:22pm 13 Oct 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Karl

Could be an idea to edit his email before he gets spamed.

Is he local?

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 09:29am 25 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

oops, sorry for the late reply, not complaints from Stuart on the spam front. He is in North Melbourne and will deliver for peanuts too.

Incidentally the govt. has mandated the installation of type 5 meters (two way electronic meters with auto rate adjustment depending on the time of the day) for all energy users long story short big users get them first, then people who use both peak and off peak power then the rest of us. Drop dead date is 2012 and we'll all have one paid for by the electricity distributor (not supplier).

It does cost and save the consumer, ie rates are a bit higher BUT is switches all power use to off peak at off peak times (typically 8hrs a day in the middle of the night)

the theory is that people will change their energy useage patterns to favour cheap power.
EG someone like me would run their pool pump in the middle of the night rather than during the day. My theory is until I get the fancy meter use it during the day force them to upgrade the grid or upgrade the meter!

Karl

GWatPE

Posted: 09:45am 25 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Karl,

Are you sure about the way the power meter you described above will work.

I have the 3way meter, with the 90day recording function. The legislation will need to be changed, as the off peak tarrif is only for energy storage devices. Eg hot water, hot brick passive heating, under floor heating etc. I don't think domestic appliances fit this category.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

michael

Posted: 10:24pm 25 Feb 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

We are in the process of getting solar grid and was told by Origin that the smart meters are on the way also. They feed information back to the power company every half hour and offer about 3-4 tariff rates. ie midnight to 6am cheapest, dishwasher etc. Rollout starts in June and they have four years.I asked the same question re where first, and the chap said off the record, big users first then city centre next, as in most houses in the streets rather than country areas. The user will get a few extra dollars on his quarterly bills over the next few years to pay for the meter.
He did not know if that meant my new bi-directional old(but recently installed) meter would be taken away but thought it would.
The meters are great if you are on the ball and think of it wisely, but I read that when Germany had them installed power usage dropped 20 percent in some areas but as time went on, a year later it was only down 5 percent of the old meters, as people revert back to old habits, and most dont care, they just turn things on when they want them.
cheers michael

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024