Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:23 16 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : Aurora Inverters communication

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 06:01am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thought I would put this up for anyone wanting to modify there 3 - 5 kw aurora inverter setting.. warning, as the program will tell you, you can mess with important settings,  so be careful.... or don't touch it.

Anyhoo, first step is adapter,  i have had issues with the internal usb connection,  finicky at best, with windows 7 and 10. So my suggestion is purchase a cheap rs485 to usb adapter from Ebay ( bout 6 odd bucks) to start and connect as pic ..

Then to machine, i personally prefer the ground connection as well for safety of your devices connected,  but are not needed as i discovered this arvo... D+ to D+ on machine,  D- to you guessed it D- on machine. ..

Then go into Aurora Manager TL ( freely download from website or pm me with email address and ill forward to you).. you will be prompted with " login " info and once you passed that setup both driver and application with settings as per pic. Most important is speed at 19200kb

Once you have done that you will be presented with the setup screen, every change needs to be " written " to the inverter.  And just for davo, ive set mine to 280v max and seems to be happy,  let me know how you go..

Not sure what most of the settings are ( didn't someone say don't touch ) but mins and maxs are there and one i personally like is time to reconnect to grid after fault.. mine is set to 5 secs, it does take a little bit longer but heaps quicker than 30 odd seconds  originally. ...
Edited 2019-08-14 16:04 by noneyabussiness
I think it works !!

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 06:06am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry about pics being sideways. ... i did this on my phone.. with fat fingers...
I think it works !!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 06:44am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good Info.

The reconnect adjustment would be very useful.

What cable did you use to connect the USB adaptor to the inverter or does it come with it?

Thanks for tips mate!

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 07:33am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I cut up an old 4 core telephone cable... but any 2 core wire will do, rs485 is a pretty robust protocol and we aren't doing lightning speeds..
I think it works !!

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 07:38am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I actually put 300v in max voltage and it still accepted it... so here's hoping for ya..
I think it works !!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:46am 14 Aug 2019
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think the max voltage would be a bit irrelevant.
Being grid connected it's hard to imagine a little 3 or 5 KW unit pushing up the mains voltage a terrible amount.

With mention of this I had another look at my delta inverter and was going through some of the setting this afternoon. All pretty superficial stuff,  LCD contrast, backlight on or off, what language you want the display in, setting time etc. won't let you near anything important.

One stat I did notice and surprised me for a second was the minimum Voltage, it actually got down to a perfect 230.I wondered how that happened then I remembered I was using the Big Circ saw plugged in right next to it on the same line.  Probably the initial Voltage drop when I first started it although I did jam and stall it a couple of times as well.

Only time I have ever seen correct voltage here and look what it took to do it!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024