Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 10:38 12 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : solar panel rebate cancelled

Page 1 of 2    
michael

Posted: 10:45am 18 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Todays News-CLIMATE Change Minister Penny Wong has confirmed there will be no rebate for solar panels for some months.

Anyone who puts panels on their roof can keep the receipt and apply for a new rebate - if and when the scheme passes the Senate.

That will be no earlier than August.

Senator Wong defended the Government's decision to axe the old solar rebate, announced last week, before the new one was ready.

Interesting. Wong really is like Garrett, two face. Howard had the system running a lot better than Rudd.

windlight
Guru

Posted: 03:21pm 18 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't like any of them but Wong at least gives her own press conferences, Garrett has never been seen alone at a press conference by me, now what portfolio did he have?

allan
"I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it" - (Act II, Scene IV).

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:58pm 18 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi, I've been in the system and approved for nearly 6 months... This ia a extract of the mail I received yesterday..

I'm only 20 minutes away from their factory,so figure that one out ,AND ,I've offered to do all the work and they can inspect it ,maybe just doing a few mods ,plus the meter stuff.. so figure that out also....

I could still be lucky,if they get around to installation by 23 October (my expiry date for installation).or maybe they are closing up shop end of July ...

Only paid $355 deposit,,which they say will be refunded if they don't install..

Then the fight starts ......

Bruce

We are not starting installations for our RC-customers after July 2009 due to our contractual agreement with the government. Please also take note of the expiry date as outlined on your approval letter as we schedule according to those dates as well in order to make sure that no rebate expires. Many customers have an earlier expiration date than yours and hence we prioritise their installation.

Please discuss any work opportunities during the site survey as we are not sure if that is possible.

Regards,

THE ECO-KINETICS TEAM

Ph. +61 7 3441 4200

Fax. +61 7 3386 1589

Email: admin@eco-kinetics.com

Bushboy

michael

Posted: 10:55pm 18 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

interesting Bruce
my brother hash is pre approval for two months now with nu energy who promised the world. They now say they still have no panels and are awaiting shipment of them. I would have thought seeing as they told him they were one of the biggest installers in australia they would have at least 6 panels for his one kw turn up in the last two months. Heard State solar, Beyond Energy, Clear solar are laying of hundreds of staff this week seeing as the grant has totally finished.It may comeback in 3 months, but seeing as you never know, it may not. It will be half what it was in Victoria, before it was $9000 including RECS,now $5500. cheers

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:57pm 18 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, Michael,, and get this ,,,I submitted my application an hour after the grant was annonced,,missed out ,,then submitted the $355 one the day it was announced.
I'm sure they are only doing suburb by suburb in groups of houses.. One off ,must not pay them very much..
Still ,remember you only get what you pay for ...

bruce

Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 02:09am 21 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good News,,,

The manager,David, from eco-kinetics e-mailed me today with an assurance that my system will be installed before expiry.

I must apologise to Eco-Kinetics if my,or, our posts have offended them in any way .. That definately was never my intension,.

They are installing 70 systems per week across Qld ,, so that in itself must be a major achievement.

I wish everyone the best in having their systems installed,must not be easy for a developing Company ,especially when the Govt. jumps in and shifts the goalposts during a ramp-up period ..

All the best,

Bruce
Bushboy

rgormley

Posted: 10:57am 22 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi guys, in my case money talks...
had a 2kw sharp/fronius ordered, all good, they then said 9 months to wait as long Que`s for installing and no panels left in wharehouses. .....

So i said i will foot the whole dollar amount upfront and claim the $8000 back myself from the Gov

2kw system up and running 2 weeks later....

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:23pm 22 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes Richard ,thats a way around it .. Is your's approved with a confirmation letter from the Govt? ..

Bruce
Bushboy

rgormley

Posted: 11:49pm 22 Jun 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce,

Yes was approved.
They are dragging there feet though with my $8000...
i have been asking for around 6 weeks back as to when i will get my money. this is the letter.....

Dear Richard Gormley,

Sorry for the delay in response to your email.
We can confirm that payment for your application has been approved, our finance area will be closed for 2 weeks over the end of the financial year. Unfortunately no payments can be processed in this time. When processing resumes we will endeavour to make sure all delayed payments are processed as soon as possible. Finance area will be re-opened on the 7 of July, they payments will be processed shortly after.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate the continuing patience people showing

Regards

Solar Homes and Communities Plan
Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
GPO Box 787 Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: 1800 808 571 Fax: (02) 6274 2061
Email: SHCP@environment.gov.au

rgormley

Posted: 04:51am 07 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GGRRRR!!!
Just got a phone call to say my approval has been received and i will be payed in 8-10 weeks

WTF!! just been received.....??

they said the approval was done 6 weeks back
so much for couching up the total amount to get things done quicker, yes sure the install was done ASAP (energy matters are happy) i got my solar up and running but bugger me the GOVT is so sslllooowww with the rebate...

GHi Bruce,

Yes was approved.
They are dragging there feet though with my $8000...
i have been asking for around 6 weeks back as to when i will get my money. this is the letter.....

jobk

Posted: 06:57am 18 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce,
I too am on the eco-kinetics list but haven't heard from them for a while. I was wondering if you could tell me approx what RC so i can get an idea of where they are up to and if they are likely to get to me, unfortunately i'm down around 4000 and am thinking if they haven't even finished the 1000 solar homes the likelihood of getting it installed before my preapproval runs out in mid-late january is very slim. I guess at 70 per week that would probably get them up to about 2000 by then :(

rgormley

Posted: 07:03am 18 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

to all, got my $8000 at last!!
now i can put the money back in "my" bank and start earning interest rather than the GOV!

(actually it will be dumped back on my home loan....)

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 10:02pm 18 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi JOBK and Richard..

Jobk my RC number is 1482,, you are a very long way down the list .. IF , you have your Govt. approval letter then you have a chance. I got my Govt. approval letter in January ,,so you can see they are very busy in their installations..

Richard , good news,,get that 8K working on your home loan..

Bruce.
Bushboy

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:34pm 07 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yippie,, Got phone call yesterday to say the install crew will be here around 1pm Monday ..

So, will be interesting to see how long before the smart meter is installed ?? . AND, if they charge me for that ??

Bruce.
Bushboy

AMACK

Posted: 12:43pm 11 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I missed out buy one day. Sent the paper work in about a month before the dead line with a company called Bromack or similar and the Monday before Garrett, the boof head said the rebate was gone got letter from them to say I missed out. I had paid $100 deposit with the Shepparton chamber of comerse for it to go ahead and Bromack took a month to send the paper work out. I got it on a thursday and filled it out and sent it back Friday. Monday was a public Holiday and the said they did not get the paper work untill Tuesday so I missed out.

Like alot of people in this post think, I too think Garrett is a two faced ***** "clean coal" what a lot of #$%#. Edited by AMACK 2009-08-12
*Note to self

1. Make it thick

2.Make it heavy.

3.Make it stronger than it should be.

4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take mor

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 11:35pm 11 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Amack,, Sorry 'bout your missing out ,,.
Mine was installed Monday ,took 4 guys 2 hours .
The meter has been turning slowly backwards during the sunlight hours since .. But don't think you are going to get rich quick. Mine has logged 3 Kw in two days !!!.
So, off da roof they come and onto a homemade rotator ,which I have started to assemble.
Bruce.
Bushboy

AMACK

Posted: 11:58am 15 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi brucedownunder2
Let me get this right you are going to turn off the solar system from the mains feed in and use the energy in a heater.. It just think that when the sun shines and the out put is good enough to run a heater you would not need the heat. At night would be the best to run the heater when it is cold. Or are you going to store the poower untill night temp falls.
Where I live we have alot of wind and I have had a small AIR X running for about 4 years now. When I first got it I had a 100 am/h batter and a small 150 watt Dick Smith invertor that would run the heated towel rail in the bathroom, and that was about it. It was nice to have warm towel's but there is a cheaper method of doing it.

Andy

*Note to self

1. Make it thick

2.Make it heavy.

3.Make it stronger than it should be.

4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take mor

jobk

Posted: 05:09am 17 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wow good news on the install bruce... maybe there is hope for me yet... despite eco-kinetics assertions that they will get everyone's installed prior to expiry of their rebate approval i will believe it when it is on my roof. How did you find eco-kinetics to deal with and where you happy with the install thus far?

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:15pm 21 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Not too impressed with the 1Kw performance ---3.something a day (Kw) ,,gets a bit of shade til 11 am ,,so this my problem ..I'll build my tracker asap ,that should improve things --.I think the no-name chink panels might have something to do with it ..
Bruce
Bushboy

BUGS

Posted: 10:18pm 21 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce,
When I get my 1.4KW system in about a month's time,as it is on stands to face the north I'm going to get one of these sun trackers.
http://www.campatracka.com/shops/store.html
Ivan
BUGS

Page 1 of 2    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024