Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:49 12 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : link to the new passed RET bill

rgormley

Posted: 10:35am 19 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

anyone got a link to the RET bill that was passed today?

i simply cant navigate the parliament site to find ???

Cheers...

Robb

Posted: 11:47am 19 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I see what your saying .

Any chance these are what your after?

http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/bd/2009-10/10bd007.pdf

http://www.climatechange.gov.au/renewabletarget/publications /pubs/renewable_energy_electricity_amendment_bill_2009.pdf

editedEdited by Robb 2009-08-21

rgormley

Posted: 08:00pm 19 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sort of.... but not quite, what i`m looking for is the bill that talks about the feed in tariff`s /rates and if it has been passed in the senate, and most important when they will start. I`m sure i heard January 1st 2010,

but would like to see it in black/white and on paper...

Thanks..

Ps your links are messed up, but i just cut and pasted the last .PDF bit into Google and found them.

rgormley

Posted: 03:44am 22 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok next question...

When does the victorian NET FEED IN TARIFF kick in??

or is this not part of the RET law`s just passed??

damm it!! i want my 0.66c feed back to start paying my $12k worth of panels....

please Origin please pay me 0.66cent now!! or next week will do...

rgormley

Posted: 11:04pm 24 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

waahoo!! nice lady at origin said 1st Sept for the start of 66cent feed in tariff.

good news.... but lets see if in reality it happens on the 1st Sept....

rgormley

Posted: 11:32am 27 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

ok i`m excited!!
first day of making a profit/credit during grid feed
wife was not home all day no heating, PC off etc etc

we made $2.08 wah hoo!!
(like i said... well i`m excited by it)

this is a hypothetical though as i don't get the 66c /kwh as yet
(actual credit will be $1.07) based on 1=1 fit

we are on average so far from 5th of june about 1/3 better off, so the summer will be better.

i have been logging all the stats from the i-credit 400 bi-dir digital meter via live web cam in the meter box (led illumination) and have it all mapped out on a excel with graphs showing import /exports $ kwh`s averages etc
etc day by day
(2 kw system aka 1980w)

Cheers.....

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 03:50pm 27 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Richard ,,,

Nice to hear you are excited,,, just curious, what are you getting from your system per day in Kw hours ,,, I'm getting only 3.1 to 3.3 Kw from my 1Kw system per day ,,is this around the normal average I should expect?.

Bruce

Bushboy

rgormley

Posted: 08:02pm 27 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce,

I don't log the daily out out from the fronius inverter rather what i export to the grid (less what i use for the house) via the bi-directional meter.

hhhmmm hang on....let me think on this one i should be able to work that figure out..... stay tuned....

*edit:* i will get the total wattage output divided by the days running and that will give me average daily output, will have to be home when the fronius is still on to write down the stats... stay tuned...

oh and you are in QLD yeah??? i`m in vic , so the solar radiation up your end is more i think.

Cheers,
PS who had to shut to shut here mills down in the last fews days??? (Victoria) We had 128kph gusts here, but my little jaycar was shutdown so all cool..

Cheers....

GWatPE

Posted: 11:05pm 27 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Richard,

I am in S Oz, and we got the winds as well. Have abated now. My mills went happily producing power through the storms. I only recorded 26m/s wind gusts.

It is nice to be able to shut a mill down, no matter what the winds.

Gordon.

PS the smaller chinese mills do get excited above 15m/s winds.
become more energy aware

rgormley

Posted: 01:21am 29 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bruce and others.....

Ok some stats for you and others
System is a 2kw (1980W 11x sharp 180watt)
Days running 120 days
Hours producing 1251 hrs
Average hours on per day 10.425 hours
kwh per day 6.01 kwh
Total produced 722 kwh

My 3.6 kw fronius says $129 produced. so about $1.075

any good ??? (remember it`s the winter production...)
Will be good to see the summer production period

** EDIT this is gross production from the panels not what i have fed back... feed in to the grid is only a few kw`s per day)

**EDIT some stats...

2009-08-29_114152_s.rarEdited by rgormley 2009-08-30

AMUN-RA

Posted: 09:34pm 29 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

With 12 sharp 167=2004 watts the last 2 days I have seen 12 kwh so its hat and sunscreen if the kids go out to play
irradiance is very high at the moment Remember summer output though the days are longer the cell temp is higher so less output from your panels autumn seems to be the best for production. mick
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

rgormley

Posted: 12:16am 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

""autumn seems to be the best for production.""

hhhmmm not as far as this info is telling me

2009-08-30_101631_Richard3.pdf

GWatPE

Posted: 05:23am 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Richard,

I have many years data like yours from the kWhr Import/Export meter, plus additional data from each of my grid feed inverters, and my battery inverter and also recordings from my weather station, including incident solar radiation. I have stopped the daily manual readings, and now am working on an automated logging of the AC power side, to overcome the limitations of the Import/Export meter.

WRT your system. 11 panels is a difficult number to work with. The transformer coupled inverters have highest efficiency when the panel input voltage is at the low end of the inverter range. your case 150V. My case 140 volts. Your system would have higher efficiency if the inverter was sized for the maximum array power. This would be 2000W @ a system operating voltage of 150V. Is the inverter 3.5kW rated? This inverter would be optimum with 23A panel current @ 150VDC. This would relate back to approx 20 panels in a 4series x 5parallel string configuration. Could you have placed 12 or up to 20 panels on the roof? 11series panels makes the wiring easier, for a reduced system efficiency. Under loading of a large inverter results in lower system efficiency. Time will tell if the input DC filter caps last any longer if the inverter is underloaded. The higher capital cost of the larger unit could be better spent with purchase of a smaller correctly sized new inverter in 8-12years if the original correctly sized unit had an early exit.

I received quotes for my first system and these had high voltage, single strings of panels. I went back to the company I settled with and requested a configuration designed on my calcs. The result was a SMA1700 inverter with 2strings of 4 Sunpower 210W modules. A few cloudy days in late spring, summer, and early Autumn, the inverter maxxes out at the 1710W. This is mainly from edge cloud effects raising the solar radiation levels to 1.6x expected 1000W/m^2 for short durations. The system has produced 12kWhr per day a few times. I have additional panels now in various configs, and the Chinese panels I recently purchased perform well. The panel type depends mainly on roof real estate available and what shapes fit best.

Back to your data.

6kWhr produced average per day seems a bit low for a 2kW system for winter. Melbourne solar levels are similar to where I live. Changes in cloud patterns knock the averages a bit. On a clear cloudless day, measure the max panel power at midday. I can compare my relative max power on a similar day.

Today my solar systems produced a max of 2.4kW and I exported 2.3kW of this[approx 100W static house loading]. It seems that the static loading of your house eats into the power your solar produces, and leaves only a small percentage that is exported. From your data for the last month, I calculated an average export of 2kWhr per day, from an average of 6kWhr per day harvest.

I have written software for the CurrentCost meter that allows me to have real time recorded power for 3 separate house circuits. I have yet to add the kWhr meters function. This has allowed me to identify energy consuming components that do not need to be turned ON and to give a daily graphing of how the house is performing. Everything is recorded, even the midnight snack, or leaving the computer ON.

You are not alone in finding difficulty managing the energy around the home. My "become more energy aware" quote resulted from my own study of my house.

The education process to maintain low consumption may cause domestic ripples, but a happy balance usually results and we all eventually win out. I can assure you that short of turning everthing OFF, maintaining 100W base load is hard.

Keep up the recording. Being informed is so important. I believe the Smart meter people have plans for their own GSM phone card logging. Don't think I would want to subscribe though.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

rgormley

Posted: 05:55am 30 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

wow that a big post ..informative also! thanks...
my inverter specs...
Fronius IG 30
Input Data
MPP Voltage Range 150 - 400 V
Max. Input Voltage (at 1000 W/mē, -10° C) 500 V
PV System Output 2500 - 3600 Wp
Max. Input Current 19 A
Output Data
Nominal Output 2500 W
Max. Power Output 2650 W
Max. Efficiency 94,3 %
Euro Efficiency 92,7 %
Mains Voltage / Frequency 230 V / 50 Hz (60 Hz)
Distortion Factor < 3,5 %
Power Factor 1
Power Consumption at night 0 W

As it happened i was out in the backyard with the little one playing with chalk (drawing cats and dogs and abc`s on the ground)

anyway at around 12:10 i saw a peak on the fronius of 2177 watts and it has put out 7kwh so far today with a 1 hour to go.

unfortunately i don't have the ability to log the fronius outputs per day, (i`m not going to pay $800 for the logger and interface card) such a rip off....

so i can only take stats from the web cam that i have pointed at the bi-directional meter.

i will keep up the manual logging.

Cheers,
RichardEdited by rgormley 2009-08-31

GWatPE

Posted: 01:35am 31 Aug 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Richard,

seems like there are no problems with the array. Can only blame cloudy weather.

The web cam seems a little tedious, and $800 for Fronius logger, is over the top.

You could consider the CurrentCost meter, sold through Jaycar, for around $200, +$20 for additional clamp meters, up to 3 total. My VBapp program takes the data from the meter and produces daily logs.

here is a sample log from yesterday.

There are 5 graphs, solar RE produced[what the Foronius logger might give], Household power consumption, OFF PEAK heating, outside temperature, and calc NET household import/export.

You can easily see fridge/TV/computer/etc loadings and the effects of clouds on the solar RE.

These units don't require mods to any household wiring, as they use clamp type sensors.

The software available from Current Cost website does not offer the recordings that I have, but only totals and history logging. The live feed option is difficult to use for other purposes.

I am still working on my VBapp but I may make something available if there is enough interest.

Gordon.
become more energy aware

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024