Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:34 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : soler storage heating of of junk

aaron sa

Posted: 01:32am 28 Dec 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi felow nerds , had some sucsess with this so pass it on for outhers to get idears using junk. i got few second hand soler water heating panels /coper type and put them lower than 2 x old big frij / frezzers i then sanderd the holes in them and silconed some glass over holes and cut a hi and lo in and outlet the door faces up so now they hold 660 leters of very hot water and copper pipe siliconed in the in out holes . 3 pannels at moment . the water is around 85 c and the plastic interiour has deformd a bit but still water tight . so it uses no power to store the hot water as pannels lower /convection. i then conected a 12 v pump and fan in serias so it can draw 10 watts or less on lo to pump the water into my house and into heat exchanger the english wall type /dosent need fan but better with then conected to a thermastat and wow works well heats a big room to 24 c no trouble on cold night . done ruff calculations on btu workes out about 13 kw of heat stored above ambiant if 90 c . tips insulate all pipes and face pannels more to winter position. as im totaly off gas gid with re so ,also converted a evapritive air con to 12 v using 2 car thermo fans and 12 v bilje pump. i can series them or parrelel threw relay and 2 stage thermstat it draws about 100w on lo and hi about 380 watts was bit ruf but reliable and works very well for removoing dandruff hahah and alot more equonamy than runiing threw inverter etc hope that helps some with idears that actaly work well yes im still working on the looks side hahah

doooo

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024