Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:06 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : NSW solar rebate/Council tariff debacle.

neil0mac

Posted: 02:45am 16 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Note. Other states may be different!

I WAS thinking of going with solar power but ... I have learnt recently that:

1. The Green loan program is frozen as (about 350,000 (?)) applicants overloaded the company that was hired to do them. Applications not being accepted now.

2. Pensioners (etc.) may not be able to get bank finance as the repayments for the loan are apparently about $20 (changed from 280!) per month, which is regarded as being above a reasonable amount. (May well be true.)

3. The (NSW, Country Energy) county council has not been given sufficient time to implement the system changes to enable the 60 cents (plus) payment for 'green energy' to be put in place and MAY only be prepared to make a payment (upon application, mind you) once a year.

4. County councils MAY not be prepared to do the hook up to the grid requiring the services of a 'level 2' electrician.

Add to all that, the fact that some panel and inverter manufacturers are sold out till ('up to') July, and it appears that we can expect delays from all quarters.

That leaves me pretty much thinking that I am stuck with a full up front payment out of my own pocket and just collect the RECS and yearly cheque. Certainly less hassles?

I am also pondering whether I can use cheaper (but 'certificated for use' electronics) seeing that 'the Gubmint' isn't being asked to fork out any dosh. (I'll be ringing Taiwan on Monday! Also possibly China.)

Apols for the bad news. ... .... Any good news will be gladly accepted.Edited by neil0mac 2010-03-03

neil0mac

Posted: 03:02am 16 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hmmm.

I thought the topic heading may generate some interest.

It has been updated a couple of times since posting to give an even fuller picture.

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 07:21am 16 Jan 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Unfortunatly pretty "normal" I'm afraid, govt run things like the green loan.

Once a year cheque is better than no cheque
Luck favours the well prepared

neil0mac

Posted: 10:14pm 01 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The Green Loan system is apparently bogged down.

Had an assessment last Tuesday (23/02). The assessor did his own last November and is still waiting on the departmental results.

He advised us to start the application process as it closes in April (22nd?). Contacted the two local institutions (ANZ and WBC) to be told, "We aren't taking applications at the moment.".

And the department is faffing around with 're-qualifying' the assessors as well.

GWatPE

Posted: 01:52am 02 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I would not advise using borrowed money to get a solar system.

The banks will get the lions share of any return.

Gordon.

become more energy aware

neil0mac

Posted: 03:22am 02 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GWatPE said   I would not advise using borrowed money to get a solar system.

The banks will get the lions share of any return.

Hey? It is an interest free loan. Well, actually, the Fed. Gov't pays the interst on it!

Yes. People have to satisfy the bank that they can afford the $20 a week repayment.Edited by neil0mac 2010-03-03

Tim_the_bloke

Posted: 09:53am 03 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had an assessor visit at the end of December but have not yet had the paperwork for the government arrive yet.
I am waiting for the green loan approval before paying anything for the solar panel installation, solar hot water, and maybe other cool stuff. It may never happen.

neil0mac

Posted: 05:48am 04 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you want something to worry about, there are 360,000 (at the last count that i've seen) who are also paiting waitiently - with another (roughly)600,000 assessments to be done.

Methinks they are having us on - just so that we're all lining up to each right around the Aussie coat line.

KarlJ

Guru

Posted: 11:02am 04 Mar 2010
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Have to laugh, almost as bad as Boeing, my previous employer
after paying me out more than a years wages in redundancy, now advertising for 8 people to replace myself and three other top guys 7 months later.

To add insult to injury the sill buggers spent $20M (yes million) relocating 777Rudder to Bankstown only to announce today they will be closing Bankstown and relocating to fishermans bend. 9Back where it came from)

these turkey are dum as dog *hit. Who on earth employs these "managers", looks to me like the couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag

----kinda like the government!

Edited by KarlJ 2010-03-05
Luck favours the well prepared

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024