Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:02 12 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Solar : grid connect and the rebate

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 02:55am 26 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

What do you make of this deal....seems so good. I am going out to Nimbin today to check it out and ask a few questions.
Robert

http://www.rpc.com.au/specials.html
1555 W grid connect system since Jan 08
both vehicles running on modified, used vege oil.

brucedownunder2
Guru

Posted: 09:30pm 26 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi Robert, please would you let us know any hitches,bet there are some !!!!!

Thanks, Oh, and watch out for the ferals while in Nimbin,they tried to sell me drugs within 1 minute of stepping out of the truck --be careful.

Bruce
Bushboy

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 12:41am 27 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bruce, the weather was to wet for the dealers yesterday, but I know what you mean I have had 3 offers before I could get my helmet off, while still on the bike!

There dosn't seem to be any catch so far. The 8 Kyocera 130W, 12V panels are series parallel to give 48 volt feed to the Aussie made Latronics grid feed inverter. The inverter can be switched to run off batteries in the event of grid failure.

We are looking around for the next few days to see if we can get a better deal (3 systems at once), and to see if we can do a major portion of the plug and play installation, before the sparky comes to tidy up and make the 240 V connections, that will save a few hundred dollars. I am also going to ring the inverter manufacturer to see if i can buy direct.

But maybe it will just be easier to pay the money, they do all the paper work and installation etc, that would work out as approx $3700 out of pocket for a kW of panels and the inverter.
regards Robert

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 03:49am 27 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Robert
I have been to NImbin several years ago and is nice little town and we are all going there next week to have alook at power mobs what they offer AC Grid Connect Kit still very expensive to buy without batteries as l do feel you should try to shop around more and do your homework before money is burn away
Dwyer the bushman

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 04:41am 27 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dwyer, yes very pretty area. I rang Latronics and i can get trade price on the grid connect inverters so that saves about $350 dollar off the system. I still would like to find the panels some where cheaper.
cheers robert

dwyer
Guru

Posted: 07:18am 27 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Robert
Good to hear from you again however have you try contact Tev's Foundry and Fibreglass webs site under Gimzo,s DIY windmill as Tev did had some good quaitly and nice price solar panel for sale sometime ago so l suggest to contact Tev Richard for some detail

Dwyer the bushman

AMUN-RA

Posted: 08:36am 27 Jun 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Robert to get the rebate you must have a bcse designer & installer who will sign of on the install that you have done you can do the work but he will have to sign off and that will cost you.Where are you located mabe I can help with your grid connect panels Mick.
Townsville
Every day the sun shines
& gravity sucks= free energy.

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 01:54am 22 Jul 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Amun-ra, Ok on the bsce paperwork, we have that worked out for the local system, we have a felllow who will design, allow us to do the monkey work of installation and he will complete the parts he needs to do. Actually had 2 seperate offers of this sort of arangement. They are all snowed under. I have made good progress with prices on panels some are under $7/watt so things are improving. i am located on the north coast of NSW near Lismore.
cheers Robert

Trev

Guru

Posted: 11:18am 22 Jul 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

By all means, do your research, there is a lot of strong competition happening now. If you can get someone to take care of the BCSE paperwork, then email us at Foundry & Fibreglass. I always try to keep reasonable prices and happy to give even bigger discounts for bigger orders.

Trev @ drivebynature.com

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 12:49am 24 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Trev the link to your email is not working. I got my pre-approval through yesterday, like to talk to you re prices for sharp 175w 24v panels say 16 at once, maybe your supplier could ship directly to me?

Trev

Guru

Posted: 09:05am 25 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Robert,
Don't understand why it is not working. You can find all the contact info in the Windmill Kits & Parts under Foundry and Fibreglass, scroll to the bottom to find the business card or you can go to the Foundry & Fibreglass website thebackshed.com/foundryandfibreglass
Trev @ drivebynature.com

AMUN-RA

Posted: 10:42am 25 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If you can get 175's let me know as they are hard to come by 167's are common nowdays
mick
Every day the sun shines

RossW
Guru

Posted: 12:51am 26 Aug 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Trev, I too sent you an email last week - I suspect you didn't get it. Can you mail or phone me please re more PV panels? I'm sitting on a cheque at the moment and need to get something ASAP, its just a matter of what and from whom.

RossW

(rossw at albury dot net or 0409 578 660)

Robert_VK2BBR

Posted: 10:59am 31 Dec 2007
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all, well i finally found some one who would return phone calls. I boughtr a BP 1550 W kit. Put it on the roof last week and on the few time the sun has shone since (just like working on the winmill) I have seen 1770W, so pretty pleased. The windmill has been sitting on 6 to 10 amps into the 24v batteries for 5 days now with the southerly.

AMUN-RA

Posted: 05:45am 01 Jan 2008
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hey robert I have ergon energy coming at 8 am tomorrow to do my meter change an comission my 2kw system can't wait I am the owner supplier and installer but to get a sparky in townsville at the moment is almost impossible I have two sparky mates and one lives next door and I still wait for 2 months to get one to do half hour's work as I have done most myself.With solar hot water and led lighting I will have half the bill I have now.
Did you try your local conergy dealer www.conergy.com.au y did u go bp let me know if you have time 0428626707 I'll ring u back. Mick, Cranbrook Solar Townsville.
Every day the sun shines

Erika123

Posted: 01:21pm 25 Jul 2009
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hello friends,

If you would like to make good use of the sun, it is very doable without costing a lots amount of money. See this Solar Panels and System. Hardy Solar Home Stezader 4 kW off grid energy generator system.1,500 Watt off grid Solar Panel System.

off grid

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024