Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:22 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : EV's : Autonomous driving- doing my bit

yahoo2

Guru

Posted: 01:29pm 23 Oct 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After having driven self steering tractors and combine harvesters for almost two decades, I am getting a bit twitchy waiting for automotive driver assist functions to get into the public on mass. My first one was a windows98 box running a touchscreen monitor and differential GPS in an old Toyota landcruiser towing a boomsprayer in 1999.

I have decided that because I am a sucker for a cause I will collect driving data for a small startup company doing AI machine learning.
I dont have a car with lanekeeping or adaptive cruise control so there is no point collecting the cars canbus data but I can use their dashcam software to record my journeys on our scruffy Australian roads.

The hardware for this is not much, a mobile phone with some heatsinks and a fan stuck to the back and a small pcb all jammed together in a 3d printed case.

the software is an app called Chffrplus running on the EON dashcam devkit

photo: comma.ai

I do get some benefit
-the EON unit can run other apps like waze and spotify
-dashcam footage
-points towards some new tech goodies if something cool happens.

Hope they like footage of dirt roads and roadtrains
I'm confused, no wait... maybe I'm not...

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024