Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:54 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Microsoft Edge based on Chromium open-source browser project.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 12:01am 18 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just installed the new? Microsoft Edge Version 79.0.309.68 (Official build) (64-bit) based on the Chromium open-source browser project.

Extensions are available from the Microsoft Edge store and 3rd party Chromium extension stores (Chrome Web Store)

Wonder if others have tried this? any feedback you may have so far.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 12:39am 18 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Looks like this stable version has only recently been released, which might explain why I cant' find many experts? trashing it yet!

PCMag thoughts so far PC MAG

ComputerWorld

I definitely notice a big rendering speed increase over old Edge, some great features are disabled in this release but will be enabled this year.

BTW I believe it also runs on Win 7 and 8.

I know MS browsers suck, however this looks very promising.

My own encrypted Auto password and browser launch program now works 100% of the time, it only worked 95% of the time with the old MS Edge browser.

BTW Google Translate for Chrome from chrome.google.com installed in a few seconds perfectly.
Edited 2020-01-18 12:06 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 01:28am 30 Jan 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

FYI The new mobile EDGE app is on the Google play store for Andriod and IOS Phones.

Been using it for a while on my Xiaomi Mi 9T. The phone links to my Windows 10 PC and Standard Win10 PC Phone APP, allows syncing to Win10 New Edger browser and the inbuilt Win10 Phone app on the PC shows all phone notifications, messages, Photos etc, and allows sending SMS from the PC via the mobile phone.

All worked seamlessly and I'm actually impressed for once.

BTW I know this is "been there done that" on other platforms, but nice to see it work so easily for once in WIN10 to an Andriod phone.
Edited 2020-01-30 15:54 by KeepIS
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024