Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:45 30 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : SH1106 OLED 128x64 1.3in

ajkw

Posted: 08:47am 07 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

HI,

I have a SH1106 OLED 128x64 display from Jaycar
and a couple of spare MUP V2 with 150's and 1 with a 170 chip.  I think the 150's are in trouble has they don't have Library Save.

The display packaging says it is either SPI or Ic2.

Perhaps somebody could confirm that they have got one of these working, which Library they used and wiring arrangements.  There where some posts on these last year but seem inconclusive. BackShed Post

Much appreciated for any assistance.

Cheers,
Anthony.

ajkw

Posted: 12:05pm 08 Apr 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

I got it sorted.  

The first trick was to swap the display from SPI to I2C,  to do this the resistor on the SPI pad had to be moved to the I2c pad and R8 needed to be shorted.

Matherp's driver was loaded and away it went. Thanks Peter.

The only problem is a 2 pixel offset in the X axis and you cannot draw to columns 127 & 128 and hence the gibberish in those.  There was some mention of this in this thread but I don't think there will be any further development.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Cheers,
Anthony.

PS. It is only dummy data on the screen but you can see what I am up to.  Micromite hardware is Big Mik's MUP V2 with a 170 28Pin.

Edited 2020-04-08 22:19 by ajkw

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024