Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 16:54 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MicroMite still in business?

Page 1 of 3    
William Leue
Guru

Posted: 02:00pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I ordered a CMM2 kit from MicroMite.org on July 15. I got the acknowledging email back from them the same day. But since then, nothing. They did mention a 4 week delay due to back orders, but it has been more than 7 weeks now, and still nothing.

Ominously, they have not responded to a polite email from me asking about the order status.

Does anyone have information about this outfit?

-Bill

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 02:27pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Bill, ALL

I apologise for the 'silence' but I PROMISE we are flat out despatching as many orders each day as we can.

PLEASE BE PATIENT - there are hundreds of you out there that are happy; yet obviously those that are still awaiting their CMM2 will become impatient.

I would normally respond straight away to all email enquiries about order status but if I start doing this I would simply fall further behind.

My priority is to get as many out each day as possible at the sacrifice of emailing customers. I sincerely apologise for this but I hope you understand the situation.

Out of interest, somewhere between 700-800 have been despatched to date with every one personally tested by myself before despatch.

Back to work...............

For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

JoOngle

Posted: 02:31pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

WhiteWizzard said  
Out of interest, somewhere between 700-800 have been despatched to date with every one personally tested by myself before despatch.

700+ sold/shipped already? Dang - that's IMPRESSIVE, the CMM2 is really taking off. :D

thwill

Guru

Posted: 02:51pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is nuts ... I'm never going to get my faceplates at this rate ;-)

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

smather

Posted: 02:51pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And it's worth waiting    (my CMM2 order took also aprox. 8 weeks till it arrived).

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 03:15pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thwill said  That is nuts ... I'm never going to get my faceplates at this rate ;-)

Tom

Do I owe you?? If so - please EMAIL me your order number!!    (I thought I'd sent everyones out long ago!!)
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

thwill

Guru

Posted: 03:26pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

WhiteWizzard said  
  thwill said  That is nuts ... I'm never going to get my faceplates at this rate ;-)

Tom

Do I owe you?? If so - please EMAIL me your order number!!    (I thought I'd sent everyones out long ago!!)

I don't have an Order# Phil, I think I bypassed the system and got a very early one (if not the first) from you, it's a Waveshare model. Have replied to our original email chain, please check your junk mail.

Best wishes,

Tom

thwill

Guru

Posted: 09:30pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just a note to say that the WhiteWizzard has sorted out my missing faceplates and the communication was excellent, as it always has been in the past, as he explained above he's just dealing with an unusual level of demand at the moment.

I have no doubt he is doing his upmost to fulfill all the micromite.org CMM2 orders as quickly as possible and that those waiting for them won't regret their purchase.

Best wishes,

Tom

chris

Posted: 10:01pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I ordered from Micromite a few weeks ago and received a shipping email yesterday.

The website does say to expect severe delays. With 700 -800 dispatched, I think we understand why.

The CMM2 is low-key heading towards a rather large user-base, and the wonderful thing is pretty much no-one is buying CMM2 for solely playing games.

It's a creative tool.

Well done to all involved, and well done Micromite for keeping the British end up.

HellbentHorse

Posted: 11:07pm 03 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

chris said  The CMM2 is low-key heading towards a rather large user-base, and the wonderful thing is pretty much no-one is buying CMM2 for solely playing games.

It's a creative tool.

I couldn't agree more. Although the allure of playing some games on the CMM2 is there, my main motivation was learning basic and programming and having some great instant gratification and feedback thanks to the boot to basic design.

I'll be soldering my kit up this weekend and can't wait.

Daren

Posted: 11:12am 04 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think that playing games is the least interesting thing to do with CMM2 - although I’m not against them and do enjoy games, stuff like the sound, graphics and GPIO interactions are what set it apart from a purely retro games platform.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 11:42am 04 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Daren said  I think that playing games is the least interesting thing to do with CMM2 - although I’m not against them and do enjoy games, stuff like the sound, graphics and GPIO interactions are what set it apart from a purely retro games platform.

For GPIO´ing I still prefer the Duinomite as a substitute for the original Maximite ...

The CMM2 is just a little Desktop being simply switched on and run, but for not getting it that simply ordered I wonder if this really makes it more practical than just coding some BASIC on the PC.

Andre ... such a GURU?

zeitfest
Guru

Posted: 12:33pm 04 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

chris said   the wonderful thing is pretty much no-one is buying CMM2 for solely playing games.

How do you know ?

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 05:54pm 05 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Micromite sent me an email saying that my order has been shipped. Thanks, WhiteWizard!

-Bill

JoOngle

Posted: 12:29am 06 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

chris said   and the wonderful thing is pretty much no-one is buying CMM2 for solely playing games.

Well now, "No-One" is kinda stretching it. My sole reason for purchasing the CMM2 was it's gaming / programming capabilities, the idea of just being able to test my game theory in a quick-turn-on here-and-now device, was for me - kinda the attraction to this.

I'm not expecting this to be an CS-GO or Super Mario 3D world kind of platform, but I like the Commodore 64 retro style of simple games that can be made quickly without any support libraries, drivers, classes etc.

It's just you, your ideas, simple basic - and your limitations of the CMM2 that stands between you and your retro-game idea, the fun part is to see how far we can stretch the hardware (at least for me), and make spectacular demos and fun stuff that amaze the others.

Whatever you use the CMM2 for, is entirely up to you. But I wouldn't go so far to say it's wonderful no one is using it for games...

...pretty much sure 50% will be making games on it :)

nonicx

Posted: 09:35pm 20 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi again,

more than 8 weeks are passed since I ordered the CMM2 and my order #2611 is still processing. Either something got wrong or I think it could be usefull to increase the "minimum of 3 weeks" which is written on the website.  
Edited 2020-09-21 07:45 by nonicx

bar1010

Posted: 09:53pm 20 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

nonicx said  Hi again,

more than 8 weeks are passed since I ordered the CMM2 and my order #2611 is still processing. Either something got wrong or I think it could be usefull to increase the "minimum of 3 weeks" which is written on the website.  

I ordered one from them and it took about six weeks to ship and a week or so to be delivered to the United States.  I wrote emails to them twice.  The first time, I did not receive a reply.  After the second time, I received a quick response and my order was shipped the next day.  The guy answering my email message said that they had been swamped with orders and sounds like he stayed after to complete my order.  It was alright, just took quite a while.

Womble

Posted: 10:29pm 20 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Ok, I got in very early (before the CMM2 was on the website), but I have had outstanding service from micromite.org.

Good packaging, email notification of despatch, even support when I had some questions/problems.  Fantastic.

I have nothing but praise for WhiteWizzard and the team at micromite.org

Have patience, I am sure they will get everyone sorted eventually.  I do know that C19 is affecting the supply of parts to the electronics industry generally which may be delaying things with the massive demand for CMM2s.

Womble

Nimue

Guru

Posted: 07:26am 21 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Womble said  Ok, I got in very early (before the CMM2 was on the website), but I have had outstanding service from micromite.org.

Good packaging, email notification of despatch, even support when I had some questions/problems.  Fantastic.

I have nothing but praise for WhiteWizzard and the team at micromite.org

Womble

+2
Entropy is not what it used to be

thwill

Guru

Posted: 09:21am 21 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

And it's a +2 to micromite.org from me too.

Tom

Page 1 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024