Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:47 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MicroMite still in business?

Page 3 of 3    
Poppy

Guru

Posted: 07:02am 02 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BruderJo said  

Things to avoid: Cold woman and warm beer.

Only in small amounts!

Andre ... such a GURU?

MustardMan

Posted: 05:23am 03 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Stepping around the warm beer problem, as in Australia beer is not allowed to be warm...

Would it be possible to get someone like JLCPCB to fully or partially assemble Micromites? From my (limited) experience they seem very much on the ball for manufacturing PCBs.

I have heard a rumor that JLCPCB is very good for PCB assembly when using 'stock' parts, but not so good for 'non-stock' parts, although I can't verify this as I've never used their assembly facility. I would think micromite.org is populating the boards from the ground up, so would it make sense to get a partial assembly done and add the difficult bits as a last step?

Might be cheaper than assembling the whole thing. Might not!

Cheers,

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:47pm 03 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MustardMan said  Would it be possible to get someone like JLCPCB to fully or partially assemble Micromites? From my (limited) experience they seem very much on the ball for manufacturing PCBs.

See: CMM2 Clone

I ordered 2, and they look good. I haven't assembled the non-included parts because I didn't realize that "LCSC" (mentioned in the documentation) was actually a Chinese parts supplier (very good prices), so I delayed in ordering and haven't yet received them.

I was seriously bitten by the DHL Express "import handling" charge--$40. I will post when I get the parts and have installed them. (But I wouldn't want this to take away from the NZ, US, Aus, GB suppliers unless they are looking for relief.)

~
Edited 2020-10-03 22:48 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

MustardMan

Posted: 07:12am 14 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just had a mate ring me and ask for help designing a circuit... he wanted to switch some interlinked red/yellow/green lights in the same way as a cross-road junction traffic light works. This was to be done by pushing buttons rather than relying on 'road sensors'. First thought was simply relays.

Well he said, I've just gone and bought some DIN rail relays...

And then he said, "oh, and after you press, for example, the 'green' button it must delay for 10 seconds and automatically go back to red".

Yes, it could be done with relays and timers, but a nightmare.

This guy hates C, but has no problem with BASIC. I thought 'micromite' straight away. Jumped straight onto eBay and did a search : nothing!! (except some bloke selling a 'microbridge that would plug into a micromite').

Out of interest I then did a search for 'arduino', and was greeted with pages of stuff. Admittedly most items were for 'arduino compatible' things (ie: shields), but what struck me most is that 'arduino' is all over eBay, and 'micromite' has but one mention!

I love the micromite ecosystem, and especially the interpreter. But unless you know where to look (I do, but many won't), they are actually quite hard to find.

Has micromite.org given any though to putting their wares up on ebay?

Cheers,

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 10:03am 14 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I suspect people hearing of micromite etc would not necessarily start with ebay (probably just do a web search), but no harm in the observation.

John

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 07:54am 15 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just yesterday I got CMM2 from Micromite, order 2850 was from August 28, on October 7 marked as complete... I'm looking for weekend to play with it!

So, be patient.
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

BruderJo

Posted: 02:21pm 16 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Just yesterday I got CMM2 from Micromite, order 2850 was from August 28, on October 7 marked as complete... I'm looking for weekend to play with it!

So, be patient.

Hmm. This sounds confusing now. My order is #2680 (August,3rd). But I have never heard anything about it.
Seems, orders are not done sequentially?
Does anyone has details?

frnno967

Posted: 09:16pm 16 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The orders definitely aren't being done sequentially it seems. I don't know if they lost the paperwork or what but I received no confirmations until I emailed Phil Boyce and then they dispatched my order the next day. They were very apologetic but I get the feeling that something happened and they're either playing catchup or the records are scrambled.
Jay Crutti: Ham Radio Operator, K5JCJ. Computer Enthusiast. Musician. Engineer.

CardboardGuru

Posted: 03:44am 20 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  Just yesterday I got CMM2 from Micromite, order 2850 was from August 28, on October 7 marked as complete... I'm looking for weekend to play with it!

So, be patient.

That's disturbing. My order number is #2745, ordered August 27, I'm in Britain, and I've heard nothing since the original confirmation of order.

Not sending out orders in the sequence they were placed, combined with ignoring enquiry emails is a recipe for frustration.

An occasional group email or even message on this forum to everyone waiting featuring what order number they are up to would be a good idea. I had a long wait for Prusa 3D printer kit, but they kept people happy this way. There was never any doubt about the progress being made and when the end of the wait would be.

JoOngle

Posted: 03:51am 20 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CardboardGuru said  
That's disturbing. My order number is #2745, ordered August 27, I'm in Britain, and I've heard nothing since the original confirmation of order.

Not sending out orders in the sequence they were placed, combined with ignoring enquiry emails is a recipe for frustration.

We suffer the same issue with the Popular NVIDIA Cards (3080 and 3090), almost no one of us is getting our cards due to OVERWHELMING popularity. I got 2000$ hanging in a store, and not receiving my card yet, and the customer service in basically every store say they can't reveal any queue numbers or tell us what number we're in the QUEUE, so I can imagine if the BIG CHAINS have issues with this...

...must be pure hell for micromite.org to handle thousands of orders for this, that essentially was a small niche hobby product made for and by enthusiasts.

I did get mine after 4 weeks, but after that 8-bit guy featured it - the popularity of the CMM2 - just exploded beyond anyones expectations, and if he has 2700+ orders, and I've heard the others have similar numbers - we could be talking 5000-6000+ of these in production right now.

Which is a good thing, but for those waiting, it is a nightmare - look on the bright side tho, WHEN you will receive it, you'll be like a kid on christmas (that wonderful feeling of getting your first computer, game or electronics kit)...nothing beats that :)

panky

Guru

Posted: 05:54am 20 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MustardMan said  ..... I thought 'micromite' straight away. Jumped straight onto eBay and did a search : nothing!! (except some bloke selling a 'microbridge that would plug into a micromite').

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

BruderJo

Posted: 02:12pm 22 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

BruderJo said  

So, be patient.

Hmm. This sounds confusing now. My order is #2680 (August,3rd). But I have never heard anything about it.
Seems, orders are not done sequentially?
Does anyone has details?

Hooray!
my little box arrived today and works perfectly.  

CardboardGuru

Posted: 01:40am 31 Oct 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nine weeks and still no sign of my order, nor any communication. I am beginning to lose faith.

:-(

CardboardGuru

Posted: 04:37pm 04 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CardboardGuru said  Nine weeks and still no sign of my order, nor any communication. I am beginning to lose faith.

:-(

My CMM2 arrived today. :-)

(Took a bit of chasing by email, but all good now.)

ChrisJournoud

Posted: 03:25pm 05 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

My order is #2861 in date of October 12, 2020, so i think i am going to wait some couple(s) of more weeks !

ChrisJournoud

Posted: 12:06pm 14 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Four full weeks since the order was passed  

William Leue
Guru

Posted: 12:13pm 14 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am greatly regretting having started this thread.  

Micromite IS in business and you WILL eventually get your order. I know their communication to customers is not great, but they are a very small company and they rightly prioritize building and shipping units over writing emails.

So let's all take a few breaths, tighten our belts, and give Micromite a break. After all, the slow deliveries are a symptom of the resounding success of CMM2, so we should be happy!

-Bill

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 04:54pm 14 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

William Leue said  I am greatly regretting having started this thread.  

Micromite IS in business and you WILL eventually get your order. I know their communication to customers is not great, but they are a very small company and they rightly prioritize building and shipping units over writing emails.

So let's all take a few breaths, tighten our belts, and give Micromite a break. After all, the slow deliveries are a symptom of the resounding success of CMM2, so we should be happy!

-Bill

Have faith in micromite.org! They WILL get the product that you ordered to you. They are filling orders as fast as they can.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

kermess

Posted: 05:08pm 14 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi
My order is #2796 from September 20, 2020 .... and I'm still waiting ... greetings.
David.

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024