Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:48 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 - Editor --> Can you make it black on white?

Nimue

Guru

Posted: 07:40am 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi

Quick question -- I am using the CMM2 >> VGA to HDMI and HDMI >> USB to capture the screen via OBS.

I am making walkthroughs for teachers using screen grabs at various stages.  At present the screen is black with white / context colour coded text (in the editor).

Is there any way to make the editor white with black text so that the screen grabs work better when printed in B&W (ie not a wall of black).

Even a hacky way (Poke??) would be fine as this is just for screen grabbing not production use.  

Cheers
Nim
Entropy is not what it used to be

matherp
Guru

Posted: 07:48am 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From the manual

Quote  Turn on or off colour coding for the editor's output.  Keywords will be in cyan, comments in yellow, etc.  The default is ON.  OPTION COLOURCODE REVERSE is the same as OPTION COLORCODE OFF except that the text will be in reverse video black on white. This will apply to the file manager and editor.

Nimue

Guru

Posted: 07:51am 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  From the manual

Quote  Turn on or off colour coding for the editor's output.  Keywords will be in cyan, comments in yellow, etc.  The default is ON.  OPTION COLOURCODE REVERSE is the same as OPTION COLORCODE OFF except that the text will be in reverse video black on white. This will apply to the file manager and editor.

Lovely!

I think I've asked three questions that have been essentially "RTFM" --> not a complaint --> more a nod to the fact that I should just RTFM first.

I wonder, if after 30+ years of pressing F1 or Googling I've become deskilled in RTFM?  A lesson for my students I think.

@matherp --> thank you.  

I'm learning (slowly) but defo learning.

Nim
Entropy is not what it used to be

matherp
Guru

Posted: 08:08am 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Remember you can also use OPTION EDIT FONT to change the font. So play with video modes, (OPTION DEFAULT MODE) and fonts to find the best combination for your purpose.

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:25am 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nimue said  
I wonder, if after 30+ years of pressing F1 or Googling I've become deskilled in RTFM?

don't beat yourself up about this, it is an evolution in how help/info is communicated. My inventory system has all the datasheets for the parts just a link away, I can find a part and then get the details in moments.

Years ago you might have spent days trawling various libraries to find a piece of info, now google will provide it in a few minutes - why minutes not seconds? because google is an ad-flinger when all said and done and you have to trawl through half a page of garbage to find the gems among the grit.

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:21pm 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said   . . . it is an evolution in how help/info is communicated.

It's an amazing (virtual) world we live in. 50 years ago, I said, "I don't want to go to the library, I want the library to come to me", but I never imagined that it could happen to this degree.

It never ceases to amaze me. I can sit in my chair in semi-rural Nova Scotia, turn my head and see this:

Right now--I call it La-Z-Boy Photography (TM). Then turn back to my laptop, ask a question, and shortly get an answer maybe from Great Britain or Australia or Brazil or the U.S., and get on with coding. RTFM? I guess that's a possibility.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Womble

Posted: 01:06pm 25 Sep 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@lizby nice photo / view

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024