Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:00 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: XEdit Text Editor

Page 4 of 4    
epsilon

Posted: 10:42am 14 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

XEdit V0.6 is on GitHub, and attached.

https://github.com/epsilon537/xedit_cmm2

This is a bug fix release. Two critical bugs and a compatibility issue with V5.06 FW have been fixed.

ChangeLog
---------
0.6:
- Critical Bug Fix: Pressing enter twice on last line in window triggered an incorrect page redraw action so it would look as if the line disappeared.
- Critical Bug Fix: Ctrl-X (Cut) without active selection triggers program abort.
- Bug Fix: In SERIAL_INPUT_COMPAT_MODE, toggle selection (Esc) was broken in V0.5.
- In SERIAL_INPUT_COMPAT_MODE replaced Ctrl-B with Shift-Tab. This key binding only works with V5.06 FW.
- Added more keywords for syntax highlighting.
- New key binding: Ctrl-M = Scroll current line to Center of Window
- New key binding: Alt-M  = Scroll current line to Top of Window
- V5.06 FW compatibility fixes.

xedit.zip
Epsilon CMM2 projects

epsilon

Posted: 03:05pm 23 Dec 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,

I released a minor XEdit update:

ChangeLog
---------
0.7:
- Removed limitation: Text entered on find prompt can now include quotes and commas.
- Fixed error that sometimes occurs when exiting, preventing context from being saved.
- Position-in-buffer indicator now updates when searching.
- Disable syntax highlighting if buffer is not MMBasic.
- Improved cursor position restore when toggling between buffers (F4).
- Accept two files to open on command line.

Cheers,
Ruben/Epsilon.

xedit.zip
Epsilon CMM2 projects

epsilon

Posted: 05:57pm 19 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,

I added vegipete's modified FileDialog boxes to XEdit.
I'm currently working on a project involving a lot of files so I really needed the functionality.

When I first posted my FileDialog modifications that allow inserting new files, Michael (twofingers) reported some issues that I still haven't been able to reproduce. Just in case, I added a 'ENABLE_FILE_DIALOG_BOX%=0/1' setting that allows you to fall back to the prompt based file open/save in case the FileDialog isn't working well for you.
If you run into a File Dialog issue (or any other XEdit issue for that matter), please let me know.

Many thanks to vegipete for providing the original FileDialog box code!

Cheers,
Ruben/Epsilon.

xedit.zip
Epsilon CMM2 projects

epsilon

Posted: 10:52am 15 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi all,

I integrated xFind's find-across-files functionality into XEdit. Also fixed a few bugs.

Cheers,
Ruben/Epsilon.

ChangeLog
---------
- Integrated xFind find-across-files functionality, bound to Ctrl-S.
- Bug fix: Selection not cleared on copy action.
- Bug fix: Horizontal scrolling with active selection not displayed correctly.
- Changed some defaults: NUM_BACKUP_FILES% defaults to 0. RESTORE_PREV_SESSION_CTXT% defaults to 0.
- Bug fix: Fixed crash when trying to join two lines with a combined length > 255.
- Added more syntax highlighting keywords.

xedit.zip
Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 11:37am 15 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ruben,
Xedit started to be very interesting also for me, it has many needed functions and also speed is pretty good. When sometimes would be possible to map it's start to F4 and jump also directly to line with error as built-in editor...

Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

epsilon

Posted: 01:45pm 15 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jiri,

You can see the console screen in the editor by pressing F6, which is less than what you want, and more than what you want.
For instance, you can see any debug messages leading up to the error, or you can do a TRACE LIST prior to invoking XEdit. I usually do TRACE LIST, open the basic file in one buffer of the editor and the console with the trace list in the other buffer. See screenshot.

But the editor does not jump directly to the offending line. To achieve that, I think I would have to do some kind OCR-like scan of the console screen and parse the result. Doable, but tricky to get right in all possible cases.

It would be easier if I could programmatically access the TRACE LIST history from XEdit, but the trace history is reset when a new program (i.e. XEdit) is launched.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I have your feature request on my to-do list, but it might stay there for a while.

Epsilon CMM2 projects

jirsoft

Guru

Posted: 02:39pm 15 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Ruben,
yes, that's clear. Maybe will be sometimes allowed to set you own editor (F4) with API similar to built-in one... (Peter?).

Anyway, I have proceeded your change on CMM2.fun - new version, screenshot and download path (isn't better GitHub release?)
Jiri
Napoleon Commander and SimplEd for CMM2 (GitHub),  CMM2.fun

epsilon

Posted: 02:49pm 15 Mar 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jirsoft said  
Anyway, I have proceeded your change on CMM2.fun - new version, screenshot and download path (isn't better GitHub release?)

Great. Thank you for doing that. I wasn't sure which is preferred, a link to a zip file, or a link to GitHub.
The GitHub page is: https://github.com/epsilon537/xedit_cmm2
Epsilon CMM2 projects

epsilon

Posted: 09:01am 24 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

xedit version 0.10:

- Find-across-files integration fixes. Find-across-files in 0.9 can lead to program crashes.
- Find-across-files with empty filespec now correctly search current working dir + subdirs.
- Fixed program abort that happened when providing empty name is Save File Dialogue box.
- Added Current Working Directory to footer.
- Support selection based xFind.
- Checks and aborts loading of file if file has too-long lines.
- Added check if user added quotes around filename on command line. Removed them if he did.
- Split xedit.bas into multiple files. Each file is now editable again using the built-in editor,
 a good citizenship requirement :-)
- Added support for user config and keybindings that can persist across version updates. Copy keybinding.default.inc to keybinding.user.inc, then make your tweaks in keybinding.user.inc as you see fit, and you're good to go. Same with settings.user.inc.
- Included a self-extracting archive: xedit.mar.bas so you don't have to transfer all files in the directory separately to your CMM2. Just transfer xedit.mar.bas and execute it to have it unpack itself into a xedit/ directory.
xedit.mar.bas is attached.

GitHub:

xedit.mar.bas.zip
Epsilon CMM2 projects

mclout999
Guru

Posted: 12:55am 25 Apr 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

clickable ling form above.

Page 4 of 4    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024