Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:42 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : color maximite 2 still around?

markboston36

Posted: 07:16pm 11 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So here in the US the only vendor that sells prebuilt kits was circut gizmo. they have been sold out for awhile but they are selling their own version and coming out with a new one.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of another vendor that is selling kits? kind of odd that only one company does it. checked ebay and no luck the only thing i found was the original color version.

irich2

Posted: 08:02pm 11 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

markboston36 said  So here in the US the only vendor that sells prebuilt kits was circut gizmo. they have been sold out for awhile but they are selling their own version and coming out with a new one.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of another vendor that is selling kits? kind of odd that only one company does it. checked ebay and no luck the only thing i found was the original color version.

Micromite.org in the UK sells them (two versions listed below):

Kit: https://micromite.org/shop/maximites/colour-maximite/colour-maximite-2-kit/

Fully Assembled: https://micromite.org/shop/maximites/colour-maximite/colour-maximite-2-fully-assembled/

I bought the fully assembled version (with tracked and insured international shipping) for approximately $130.00 USD.  It was well packaged and arrived intact.  I can wholeheartedly recommend them!  There will be a wait, but if you order now, I'm sure you'll get it in time for Christmas.

hitsware2

Guru

Posted: 08:05pm 11 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Takes awhile , but it ' s possible to order from England or Australia .

edit: oops
Edited 2020-11-12 06:08 by hitsware2
my site

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:10am 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I was going to offer it on my website, but now the CMM2 has come on the scene, I was not planning to as the CMM2 is vastly superior to the CMM1.  Perhaps I will put it up there after all.....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

hitsware2

Guru

Posted: 01:30am 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CMM2 is what is mentioned as wanted .
my site

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:42am 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Opps!  

I completely misread that as someone wanting the original 8-colour maximite.

I sell the CMM2 at my website here.

I am based in New Zealand, and sell anywhere.
I do have three or four waveshare-based kits available, but I mainly sell the pre-assembled all-in-one design, so the kits are not listed on my website.  Also, as I only have three or four, I do not want to get heaps of orders for kits via the website, and then not be able to fill those orders.

If anyone wants a kit, please send me a PM here via the forums, or send me a message via my website here.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Cyber

Posted: 04:49am 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  I was going to offer it on my website, but now the CMM2 has come on the scene, I was not planning to as the CMM2 is vastly superior to the CMM1.  Perhaps I will put it up there after all.....

CMM1 has its own charm. I still love CMM1 even after introduction of CMM2.
But I totally agree that CMM2 is a superior product. And CMM2 really boosted up popularity of Maximite line, so this is what most people would want.

markboston36

Posted: 07:38pm 12 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

so i went with the circuitsgizmo version. waiting on the order to be processed and shipped. yeah i saw someone selling the bare board and a fully assembled version of the CMM1 on ebay.

after doing some research here the CMM2 is vastly superior to the CMM1 so that made my decision. Also i was looking for US sellers as i didn't really want the added expense of overseas shipping.

its fine now that i have my unit maybe one day ill sell complete kits on ebay.

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 04:23am 23 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

markboston36 said  So here in the US the only vendor that sells prebuilt kits was circut gizmo. they have been sold out for awhile but they are selling their own version and coming out with a new one.

I bought one from Rictech in New Zealand RICTECH

When it arrived here in the USA, I couldn't get the keyboard to respond. I sent them a message and they responded very quickly. It turns out the newer USB keyboards I tried weren't compatible but an older one of mine works fine. I am very happy with their responsive tech support.

toml_12953
Guru

Posted: 01:52am 24 Nov 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Grogster said  Opps!  
I am based in New Zealand, and sell anywhere.
I do have three or four waveshare-based kits available, but I mainly sell the pre-assembled all-in-one design, so the kits are not listed on my website.  Also, as I only have three or four, I do not want to get heaps of orders for kits via the website, and then not be able to fill those orders.

If anyone wants a kit, please send me a PM here via the forums, or send me a message via my website here.

I bought your version of the complete assembled unit with case. Your tech support is very responsive. Thanks!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024