Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:16 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: Error in "on key" documentation?

Nelno

Posted: 07:33am 23 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a program of which the following is the distilled version exhibiting an issue:

on key 27, exitGame

do
loop

sub exitGame
 end
end

Some time after coding this I noticed that the escape key was no longer working for me in the editor. If I restart the CMM2 and never execute the on key 27 line, escape works fine.

Where this really became problematic was when I tried Ctrl+F in the editor. The only way to exit that is the escape key. I had to power cycle, but fortunately I had saved recently.

I'm not sure if that part is a bug or not. I would expect that maybe run or ctrl+C reset keyboard interrupts similar to what the documentation says is done for FRAMEBUFFER (seems like "end" should probably also do this). Maybe ctrl+C does, but I was essentially using escape to exit my program, not ctrl+C. Run definitely didn't reset the interrupt.

However, there's more to this story. The documentation for "on key AsciiCode, target" says:

"In both variants to disable the interrupt, use numeric zero for the target, i.e.:
ON KEY 0. or ON KEY ASCIIcode,0"

However, if I change my exitGame subroutine to the following:

on key 27, exitGame

do
loop

sub exitGame
 on key 27, 0
 end
end

I get the following error when I hit escape:

Error in line 7: Line number.

This may just be an error in the documentation.

What I did find works is:

on key 0, exitGame

i.e. passing a valid label but setting the interrupt for key 0, which seems reasonable since that's the null character and should never be sent as a USB key press.

-Jonathan

matherp
Guru

Posted: 10:54am 23 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The documentation is what the code is supposed to do but doesn't. Your workround is as per the actual code so stick with that. I'll fix the code so either will work and also cancel the interrupt automatically after a program terminates for whatever reason. The fix will be in V5.07.00b7 which I'll post on the V5.07.00b6 profiling thread when ready

Thanks for the report.

Nelno

Posted: 01:45am 24 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

matherp said  The fix will be in V5.07.00b7 which I'll post on the V5.07.00b6 profiling thread when ready

Thanks for the report.

Great, thanks for fixing it!

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:41am 24 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fixed in V5.07.00b7 just posted

http://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/CMM2_Beta.zip

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024