Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 14:06 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2 Wireless Keyboard support request

RobAl3

Posted: 08:24am 25 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi There

First of all, enjoying your stuff very much. It has been a wait, and worth.

Question: Are there any activities of extending the number of supported wireless keyboards?

I have a RAPOO Wireless Ultra-slim Keyboard Model E9110 that rests for a while now since I'm not working from the office anymore. Not that fancy, just a keyboard, no mouse control or USB hub and of good quality. I would like to use that for the CMM2. The wireless small keyboard will keep my desk a little more organized, because it's also my working place. Putting the dongle in and some fresh batteries and powering up the CMM2 didn't do the job. Under W10 it works flawlessly. What can I do to make it work?

If I can be of any help regarding this subject please let me know.

Regards
Rob

(Hope I'm posting in the right group now)

matherp
Guru

Posted: 09:16am 25 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Keyboard support is limited by by the ST library routines which are pretty limited. In particular they don't support hubs or composite devices. Many wireless dongles include additional capability for a mouse as well as the keyboard and therefore don't work.

To take this any further needs someone with a USB analyser, good USB knowledge and a lot of time to upgrade the ST code.

I'm afraid this isn't something I have the time or knowledge to tackle.

The full source for the CMM2 is available through mmbasic.com and if anyone can improve the USB handling I would be happy to integrate into a future CMM2 release

RobAl3

Posted: 04:09pm 26 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I navigated to the site and source, filled in the download request form.
not promising anything, but i'll have a look.

elk1984

Posted: 08:22pm 28 Jan 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oddly enough even though it is for a keyboard and mouse, my Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse work with the CMM2.

Amazon

Same with my Logitech MK850 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (it didn't cost that much when I bought it!)

Amazon

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024