Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 17:07 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Pi Pico MMBasic USB Console Win 7

paceman
Guru

Posted: 11:12am 16 Sep 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

In this post I noted problems with connecting the Pico console on my Win 7/64 system.
Peter M suggested I check out the thread here on the RaspberryPi.org forum. I followed the instructions and modified the .inf file as noted in the link. It still did not produce a working USB COM port on my system so I gave up for a couple of weeks.
Yesterday I had another look and found a further post on their forum here which mentioned changing the USB ID on the edited .inf file to 000A rather than the 0005 specified in the edited file.
I did this and voila, after doing the driver update it worked! I guess there are a lot of relatively 'new' Pico's out there that use this USB ID so if your system won't talk to the Pico this could be the cause.

In this post Mick said:
  Mixtel90 said  If people want info on running the PicoMite with other platforms I'm afraid they are going to have to provide me with tested methods of making it work.

I've now tested this Mick so at least on my Win 7/64 system it's a goer.

Greg

DaveJacko

Posted: 10:10pm 09 Nov 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

This had me pulling my hair out !

a fabulous product, the pico, but could not get old faithfull win7 to talk to it..

found 'Zadig' as a possible solution.
but  found 1 bad review, apparently trashed someones PC
good reviews outnumbered this 1 bad so I tried it.. Wahey! contact!
Love the pico!
(sorry, offhand I cannot remember if I used 0005 or 000A)
( select 'board CDC' then install,)
can't say I understand it, but it worked. there is more info online.
hope this helps!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024