Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:31 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Mark from 'Mark Fixes Stuff' has lost everything in a terrible fire

Page 1 of 3    
LeoNicolas

Guru

Posted: 08:10pm 20 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry guys, this is off-topic.

I'm sad to announce that Mark from 'Mark Fixes Stuff' YouTube channel has lost everything in a terrible fire. He was doing an amazing job in the retro computing and retro gaming community. Fortunately, he and his family are safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSoU03s3nzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-KpDfJuHk

Let's help him rebuild and get the channel back on its feet!

This is the Paypal page for donations.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8DTQX5YZVO
Edited 2021-10-21 06:10 by LeoNicolas

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:34am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wow....  

That was not just a little fire.
I wonder how it started?

Insurance will allow for a rebuild of the house, but all the retro stuff is gone for good, and that is tragic.  
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 03:27am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I know a few people whom have lost everything in fires. An unimaginable horror I cannot  fathom.  Floods leave something, fires leave nothing.
Hope the guy pulls through OK.

mikeb

Posted: 05:27am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Happy to donate. Done.
To Geoff, Peter and Gizmo. Where are your 'donate' buttons guys ?
It's your work that makes it all possible.
A very big thankyou in the interim.
Regards,
Mike B.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 06:37am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Davo99 said  Floods leave something

You have no idea!
I personally saw what it really does in my own neighborhood and actively helped!

What a sissy that guy!

Sorry, no offense, but I don t care about Youtubers, they generally are a plague!

SO no need to argue, I am out!
 but  
Andre ... such a GURU?

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 09:15am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Poppy said  

What a sissy that guy!

Really?
Looks like the guy has lost virtually everything in his family home and is upset and you call him a sissy?? Don't think I'm allowed to call you what I think you are for that comment here but suffice to say it's not complimentary.

Pretty sure I'd be bawling my eyes out if it happened to me and it's one of my greatest fears.  By the same token, any one that had the stupidity to call me a Sissy for being upset in that situation to my face would be given a reception that would cause a severe re evaluation of what a sissy was and one they soon not forget.

Funny thing though, I have Cried for much less and no one ever had the balls or stupidity to call me a sissy to my face and I'll bet you wouldn't either.

Also been my repeated experience that those that deride others emotions under stressful circumstances are reflecting their own faults and weaknesses and trying to appear tough when they are emotionally pathetic and the greatest wimps of all.

Quote  Sorry, no offense, but I don t care about Youtubers, they generally are a plague!

A plague?
What, you have had them invading your computer, running out the screen, messing up the house, eating and crapping on everything, stripping everything bare and then moving on to some other innocent internet Viewer? WOW!
Geez, if only they were as easy to avoid as not watching them in the first place.
But you clearly do don't you to help you with things you want to learn and can't figure out for yourself.  
If they are a plague, why do you watch them at all? Figure it out on your own!

What has the fact the guy is on YT got to do with the severity of his loss or emotion? Are you insinuating that he is some sort of second class person because he has a YT channel?  Nothing wrong or deranged with that sort of thinking.... MUCH!

I have a YT channel and I can just imagine how you fit into a certain category of commentor we all get. There are some great people we would all love to be friends and neighbours with and then there are the others.

There  are many that like to whine and complain that haven't pulled their finger out their arse once to put up anything useful or helpful to anyone but endlessly whinge at those that have.  I believe a large proportion of these people do so to get some attention their miserable personalities and resulting everyday lives completely lack and any attention they receive is craved as a recognition of their pathetic existence. Probably shunned by people in normal social situations and rejected from  Clubs and interest groups for being annoying and petty little turds that endlessly make trouble and others lives miserable which is what they get off on.

Often this  is the result of acting like arse hats because they don't have the brains, talent or social skills to earn any  normal respect or appreciation but still desperately seek the social acceptance which they invariably deny.

I'm sure you can relate to the type I am talking about .  

Quote  SO no need to argue, I am out!
 but  

Don't rush back now hear? I'm sure you are busy with your wonderful social life.  

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 10:59am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Your opinion!

But actually you are trolling this issue!

Andre ... such a GURU?

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 11:52am 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TBH, Poppy, your comment did appear insensitive.  :(

At different times (and in different houses) I've been through both fire and flood. I'm not going to argue which is worse as that depends on your individual circumstances and the amount of damage, but to lose everything - which is what Mark did - has to be devastating. I don't blame him in the least for any tears. At the end of the day though they are only "things". You can get over that eventually, but the loss is still very real. Just thank goodness no-one was injured.

When you get a phone call asking you to hurry back because your kitchen is on fire or when you are in your living room and the carpet starts to float, in spite of the sandbags at your doors, you do tend to get upset. Been there, done that.
Edited 2021-10-21 21:52 by Mixtel90
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 12:03pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mixtel90 said  TBH, Poppy, your comment did appear insensitive.  :(

Of course it is!

This is not about flood or fire and what is worse.

First I do not know this guy and if there is anything real about it. Some pics on the internet do not convince me.

If he was a neighbor of mine I would be the first and best to help and support!

Second youtubers are a plague, my opinion.

He does a job, he gets money for it, I don t care about his private problems!

If this situation is real this guy should prove to be a real man, real men do cry, but idiots bother with sissy videos!

If this guy feels offended then he can come and get my address and I can tell it all  right into his face, so to you Davo99 ...

... do question me constructively or leave it, all this rhetorical, emotional, rubbish ...

I do not care about it!

If this guy is real then his family apparently is fine and the rest is just material!

That is all ... at least for me!
Andre ... such a GURU?

Fingerhoff

Posted: 02:35pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geez, that's gut-wrechning . I regularly watch Mark's videos and am happy to support him with a donation, if that helps him getting his channel back on track.

Regarding Youtubers: Yes, there are some idiots on the plattform, true. Just like on any other as we can see so clearly in this thread. I'm with Davo on this
Edited 2021-10-22 00:44 by Fingerhoff

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 03:27pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Fingerhoff said  Geez, that's gut-wrechning . I regularly watch Mark's videos and am happy to support him with a donation, if that helps him getting his channel back on track.

Regarding Youtubers: Yes, there are some idiots on the plattform, true. Just like on any other as we can see so clearly in this thread. I'm with Davo on this

Name the idiots of this thread!

You both do just not have the guts to have a clear point without offending others around, what a shame for this forum!

Und falls DU wirklich aus Deutschland kommst ... tja, mutig ist etwas anderes!
Armes Deutschland!

Andre ... such a GURU?

thwill

Guru

Posted: 03:39pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

EDIT: Forget it, it's not worth it.
Edited 2021-10-22 01:45 by thwill
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

Fingerhoff

Posted: 03:53pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh, quite the opposite, Poppy. I have a lot of gut, but I also have compassion for Mark.
Regarding "not wanting to offend others",...I have no problem offending (AND feeling sorry) for someone as mistrustful as you, who clearly lacks a heart for people experiencing misery, that you cannot verfy with your own eyes

In that sense, going with your saying: "no need to argue, I am out!"
And contrary to you, I mean it !

And, @thwill: Thanks, mate, you just made my day

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 03:57pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Poppy said  

But actually you are trolling this issue!

Says the guy who said:

Quote  SO no need to argue, I am out!

And then comes back to argue and tries to vindicate the indefensible. Be laughable  if it were not so sad. Any attention is better than being ignored 'eh mate.

My assessment and prediction was clearly spot on as you have already proven beyond shadow of a Doubt.

Quote  If he was a neighbor of mine I would be the first and best to help and support!

You are real hero in your own mind.... if no one elses.

Quote  Second youtubers are a plague, my opinion.

But you watch and learn from them which makes you a Hypocrite.

Quote  He does a job, he gets money for it, I don t care about his private problems!

Who said it's his " Job"? With a channel that size and the amount of Views he gets he wouldn't earn the equivalent of $100 Aussie bucks a month. Barely pocket money for a hobby which he shares his passion with others.

You don't care about his private problems yet you would have us believe you would rush to the help of a neighbour in the same situation.  Bullchit, complete and utter Bullchit. According to your repeated statements, if that neighbour happened to be  on YT, you wouldn't give him the time of day so cut the crap. Your grandstanding is as transparent as new Brides Nighty and about as welcome as a dose of the clap.
You are more likely the type that would go round to gawk or see what you could loot.

Quote  If this situation is real this guy should prove to be a real man, real men do cry, but idiots bother with sissy videos!

PFFFT! you have NO clue about being a real man so don't insult them by pretending to know anything about them.
Idiots wouldn't have the brains or insight stop to think that this guy has a following of people that will be wondering why he hasn't posted  videos and be messaging him. Idiots wouldn't bother to think that the guy probably has a lot of online friends he talks to regularly that would want to know what happened and telling others the situation might help him come to terms with it and avoid having to tell the sad story over and over.

There are plenty of Arseholes that watch YT as you have clearly demonstrated but as someone whom has been on the Receiving side, I can tell you there is an astonishing amount of Kind, caring, well meaning people ( not something you'd know about or ever likely to experience) that have offered me a level of support, thoughtfulness, support and good will I would have not imagined and well beyond what I could have thought to offer others.  To know people you have never met are thinking of you sending you good wishes is a humbling experience you'll never find anywhere that's for sure.

I have been brought to tears by the good will and genuine sentiment of many people from around the world I have never met nor really had much of a conversation with. They have sent me cards and letters and well wishes that meant a lot more and were 100 Time more helpful than anything any " Professional" ever said to me.  That said I think a Professional could be of great help to you and your problems.

You will never have ANY idea what support and kindness the viewers will offer this man in his dark times nor how much of a help it will be to him.  Bad luck to you for never being able to experience anything like that but instead having such a bleak and miserable outlook on the misfortune of others.

Say what you want, I have the life experiences to read you like a book and see you for exactly whom you are. You also seem to have never experienced any real hardship or pain. Be careful, Karma has a nasty habit of biting the ignorant and boastful fair on the arse and real hard.

Quote  If this guy feels offended then he can come and get my address and I can tell it all  right into his face, so to you Davo99 ...

Yeah, real easy to say from behind a keyboard on the other side of the world.
No one in my life has ever had the guts to say anything like that to my face and I would guarantee you would not be the first. The chicken ships always talk big which is the first giveaway of the cowards they really are.

Quote  ... do question me constructively or leave it, all this rhetorical, emotional, rubbish ...

I do not care about it!

Yes you do, that's why you said something to get a reaction in the first place. You saw an opportunity to get the attention you so badly crave and are devoid of in your everyday life. You care about getting a reaction plenty. Congratulations, now you got some and have come back to stoke the fire some more. You are fooling no one with either your bravado nor hiding what you really are.

Quote  If this guy is real then his family apparently is fine and the rest is just material!

If he is real? Are you suggesting he might be a Character whom is not real and made up from CGI??  

Love to see how you would handle the same situation. I can pretty much work it out though and it's nothing like the picture you paint.  
If it's only material, why don't you donate every thing you have to charity?  It's only material right? Won't matter to a tough guy like you will it? Just start all over again. No big deal for people like you is it.  Yeah, pigs arse!

Quote  That is all ... at least for me!

Nope, that's another lie from you. Back like a blowfly to a pile of
Can't help the attention seeking. The sole reason for your initial and subsequent posts. Wasn't about the subject at all was it? All about gaining some recognition for your existence anyway you could get it. How sad but obvious.

Proof once again that your credibility is zero and your word is worth nothing.
Like I said, can read you like a Book.

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 04:02pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

So you wanted to offend me clearly and have not guts to come around personally?!

I do not know Mark and I do not care about him, so what?!

And where were You Fingerhoff during the Flood here in Germany?

Just keep quiet or tell your name and address and we both can meet to really discuss!

... otherwise you were just a Troll!

Andre ... such a GURU?

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 04:15pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry Davo,

the journey to come around to show guts will be more expensive for you, than for your little friend claiming to live in Germany, if you are really living down under.

Until I see your face I will not care about your empty words!

I do not know Mark - I do not care!
I do not know you both - I do not care!

I made my points and I did it without offending you, so!
You do not need to like my opinion but you are fouling this respectable forum!

I am out of this Kindergarten-Thread, sorry for taking anything serious in here!

Enough I s?!

Post Scrotum:
If You still want something write a PM not spoiling this issue anymore, but actually your words will not count at all, except any real appointment to show up.

Andre ... such a GURU?

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 04:33pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm with @Poppy on this; sh1t happens in life and we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and move on....we don't make "woe is me" fecking videos about it.

I have lost a hell of a lot more than this guy but hey-ho, some kid just lost a parent in a motoring accident as I type this.

Davo99
Guru

Posted: 04:43pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Arse licking dog said  
Name the idiots of this thread!

Well, there is this un house broken animal that keeps throwing a tantrum saying he's taking his bat and ball home but keeps coming back because he really wants to big note himself in front of the other kids and desperate to play with them. His antics only make the other kids dislike and laugh at him even more. Probably his original problem that has manifested itself into the social lepper his is today and still getting rejected by the big kids all these years later.

That's the only idiot I can see in this thread.

Lets see if he comes back to make a liar of himself an 8th time and get a prize?

Quote  I am out of this Kindergarten-Thread, sorry for taking anything serious in here!

Yeah, yeah, heard that before and it's proven a complete lie like everything else you said but thanks for playing! It was fun in a sad and pathetic kind of way but educational too.

Isn't it always the one that's the first and most frequent offender to chit in the nest is always the one that sooks and whines the loudest and plays the most hard done by?  They always blame others for the very behaviour they started and perpetuated but then get sand in their Vagina when they get beat at their own game.

Yep, they are the hard arse tough guys that we should all be scared of.
NOT!!

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 05:50pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

You DO get upset when you lose possessions in what seems to you to be a major disaster - especially the first time it happens - it's only natural. You do eventually come to terms with it though, as will Mark. I doubt very much if he made a video about it for any other reason than the fact that he has a fairly popular channel, with regulars that he's come to know on-line. He'll feel that he has some sort of duty to let them know why he's disappeared. It would feel natural to him to put it out as a short video.

Just cut the guy some slack, everyone. If you feel that you should donate then do so, if you don't then don't. Either way lets not continue in this vein on the forum.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 05:58pm 21 Oct 2021
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Mixtel90 said  You DO get upset when you lose possessions in what seems to you to be a major disaster - especially the first time it happens - it's only natural. You do eventually come to terms with it though, as will Mark. I doubt very much if he made a video about it for any other reason than the fact that he has a fairly popular channel, with regulars that he's come to know on-line. He'll feel that he has some sort of duty to let them know why he's disappeared. It would feel natural to him to put it out as a short video.

Just cut the guy some slack, everyone. If you feel that you should donate then do so, if you don't then don't. Either way lets not continue in this vein on the forum.

Being not back for tf, just for you Mick.

I like your grown look at the world and the general sense you show in your replies ... and damn, I really love your avatar, that is great!

PS to explain:

... each time I see your avatar I cannot suppress having a smile.
Edited 2021-10-22 04:05 by Poppy
Andre ... such a GURU?

Page 1 of 3    
Print this page
© JAQ Software 2024