Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 11:27 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Releasing MBG Designs into Public domain

Page 3 of 3    
Rickard5

Guru

Posted: 08:30pm 13 Apr 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Lou said  Mick, sorry to hear of your long lock-downs that's a shame.  I am yet to wear a mask or do anything they say, but I carry my lawyer's card just in case. I'm a free man so far except for being ask to leave a few places without the face diaper.
Lou

Hey Lou I'm from Texas, we stopped that lockdown Business QUICK, and we still have one of the strongest economies as a result!
I turned the volume on the monitor to max and could hear sound. Thanks Stanleyella

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 07:10am 14 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

Its about time I released another of my `MBG' boards into the wild.

This is my second favourite board, behind MuP3, the >>> BackPack-64X <<<

As its name suggests it is a piggy Back board for a 40pin SSD1963 TFT screen with Touch support.
It is a 64pin MM Extreme chip on a 100mm x 50mm PCB

It has many included options including the folowing

PIC32MZ2048EFH064-250I/PT 252MHz Processor (also compatible with the PIC32MZ2048EFH064I/PT 200MHz chip)
Plugs directly to an SSD1963 based TFT with touch screen support
PS2 keyboard support
PS2 mouse support
USB keyboard support
MicroSD support
On-board micro-bridge PIC16F1454/5 for USB programming and flash updating of the MZ chip.
On-board DS3231/2 high accuracy RTC chip
On-board Winbond W25Qxxxx serial flash memory support
Convenient headers for SPI-1, Comm 1&2, Dual I2C connectors (in parallel), PWM-2 and indeed every CPU pin.
Powered by a 5Vdc 2.1mm barrel jack (preferred option) or via USB with mind to current limitations

All information relating to the board, including PDF manual, can be found in the link above.

Here are the Project files for DEX-PCB

BackPack-64X
BackPack-64X V13 FINAL.zip

The USB/Audio Daughter board
USB Audio.zip

Here are the Gerber Files.

BackPack-64X
BackPack-64X V13.zip

USB/Audio Daughter board

BP64X_USB_AUDIO.zip

I suggest getting the board done in 1.2mm Fibreglass

Some Images

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:34am 14 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted a release to public domain PCB but with Peter releasing updated code, along with its now ready availability I am releasing the F4-Eastrising (F4-ER) PCB to the public domain.
Feel free to do whatever you wish with this design.

This board adapts the F4 board to an EASTRISING 9" (and other sizes) as well as providing support for many other modules. All details are in the manual, please read it and see if it suits your application.

Several images and other files are available from my site (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) located here  >>> F4-ER <<<

The manual is here
F4-ER Manual.PDF

Here is the project file
F4-ER Project file.zip

Here are the Gerber files.

EastRising Gerbers FINAL.zip

I still have a few PCBs left if anyone is interested at $6AU ($US) each plus postage.

I hope you enjoy this board as I think it is quite a good one, but I am biased.

Kind Regards,

Mick (The big one)

Edited 2023-08-14 13:39 by bigmik

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:44pm 14 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Very nice board indeed, Mick. I don't remember having seen it before. I especially like the ESP8266 to give internet access (although without the built-in features of the WebMite).

This gives you about the largest screen possible (other than VGA and HDMI on the now non-functioning PiCroMite) with the 'mite series. The F4 has not gotten much love lately, but it's a very powerful and not very expensive MMBasic host.

EDIT: Re "not much love", I see Peter has just posted F4 updates. (It's so hard to keep up ;-}, ta )

~
Edited 2023-08-14 22:51 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 02:03am 15 Aug 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you Lizby,

I produced this just over 2 years ago, (May 2021) at about the time I was thinking about slowing things down a bit, mind you Covid19 had its say in that matter as well.

I think, if you wanted to interface to an Eastrising display this is a great way to do it.

The F4 (STM32F407VET6) is now becoming available again so there may be interest in this board again.

Regards,

Mick

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024