Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 09:06 19 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : OPTION ERROR [ABORT|CONTINUE]  - Not in manuals

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 02:05am 02 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

These have been purposely removed from the manuals and are depreciated.
ON ERROR [ABORT|IGNORE|SKIP|CLEAR] �is more flexible and should be used instead.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░         WORK IN PROGRESS  
░░                Please don't reply to thread       ░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

FotS: Fruit of the Shed Wiki - News

The Fruit of the Shed is now available on its new/original address https://fruitoftheshed.com

Getting Access
Anyone can read and search all the articles/pages.
Any shedders who would like to contribute can get write access via sending me a PM on here. If you have a full name and an email in your TBS profile then just say you want access and I will use those details, otherwise nominate the name and email to use in the PM. Your username will be your TBS username and the system will send you an email with the password once I create your account.

The Namespaces/Categories
All the original content should have been migrated, there has been some slight rearrangements of the original namespaces.

MMBasic
The MMBasic namespace remains for code snippets and general coding.

MMBasic Original
The original mainly Maximite library is now split off to MMBasic Original.

MMBasic Hardware
This namespace MMBasic Hardware Backpacks Firmware Manuals Games etc. is created to reference information for each port of MMBasic. Manuals,Firmware,Hardware, Backpacks,Adaptors, Games. etc

Wiki 101
Read this for tips on creating content.

Other Namespaces remain as in the original FotS.

Some Recent/Future Articles

Three Output States from One Pin (references Peter's post around using 1 pin to control both Touch CS and SD Card CS.

The recent post on a method of interfacing a rotary encoder could be made into an article with some more general info on rotary encoders.
Bounce Proof Rotary encoder

Hosting and Backup and Disaster Recovery stategy
The Fruit of the Shed has been migrated to DokuWiki on a hosted service on VentraIP.
Backup Levels:
Application:
Dokuwiki keeps a record of recent changes and pages can be recovered or reverted to previous revisions by any user with edit permissions.

VentraIP Acronis backup maintains :
a)2 hourly backups for the current day
b)daily backups for last week
c)weekly backups for last month

Nightly backup to My Dropbox maintains 3 full backups:
a)last day
b)last week
c)last month
This is synced to my PC and synology NAS. The backup directory in dropbox does not seem to be able to be shared with others,however a copy in another directory seems to be shareable. I have a scheduled task to copy the files each day.  Sharing this directory will allow the backup to be available to others.The three backup files are currently around 220MBtyes in total.

If anyone has Dropbox and wants to become a custodian of a last line of defense copy of the system I will share the folder with the three backups from my Dropbox.

DokuWiki is fully file system based and runs under PHP. All the content lives in two directories  data/pages, and data/media. If you have these two directories and the administration manual (which I am yet to write) you could rebuild the system from scratch. You would need to add the users and security manually.

DokuWiki seems to be widely used and still current with good documentation so hopefully it a good choice.

fruitoftheshed.com is registered to Nov 2030.
Hosting on VentraIP is valid until Nov 2027.

So hopefully FruitofTheShed will be around for some time to come.

Regards
Gerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FotS Future - Update
  thwill said  
Gerry, Lance, do we have a plan going forward? Is either of you willing to be primary custodian of this Fruit of the Shed reborn? If you use a GitHub wiki I can provide some initial technical support, but I am making it up as I go along with the help of Google.

Best wishes,
Tom

Tom,
I have the zipped contents of the FotS. Its just under 40Meg and contains three directories. One for the pages, one for attachments and one for uploads. Those missing images appear to be links to images uploaded on TBS. Its too big to attach here, I have given a dropbox link to it below.

I have (before Xmas) gone most of the way to writing a script (Purebasic program) to translate all the tags and links to the format understood by DokuWiki. It should not take much to modify it for GitHub  wiki tags.  
In December I invested in a hosting service for 12 months so I could see how DokuWiki would work with the contents of FotS. My hesitation was around it being supported by one person not getting any younger.  DokuWiki appears to be quite a commonly used wiki and available on most hosted services.

My initial thoughts were to get the contents into Dokuwiki and see how it looked.
The static copy of FOS will give a bit of breathing space.

I have had a play with github wiki. The links below shows the Bacpkack Curver tracer article on GitHub wiki and on DokuWiki.
As you can see the github wiki is capable of displaying the articles once converted. This article uses images from both an external site (TBS) and locally on GitGub wiki which can be displayed in line or as links.

In summary github wiki could be used to hold the FotS and it would be free. My concerns are:
FotS has 244 articles so 224 pages. The searching appears to only find words in the page title.
There does not seem to be a way to implement the equivalent of namespaces i.e. categorisation, so you would always be looking at a long list of pages.
For the repository to be cloned and work you need to use relative links.

To add assets e.g. images to the wiki you need to add via the interface (drag drop or select) They get added and referenced as below.
[Download PCB foil (solder side view)](https://github.com/disco4now/PicoMite/assets/49109003/bcc43a53-7b5f-45b7-b198-7ff24a173795)
You can edit to make them relative and they work as both a link and inline.
As a link:
[Download PCB foil (solder side view)](../assets/49109003/bcc43a53-7b5f-45b7-b198-7ff24a173795)
Inline:
![Download PCB foil (component side view)](../assets/49109003/df8abdd0-28ca-4d5b-ba01-e8229eaf1d67)

You can do a bulk upload to a directory in the repository and reference the files as  below.
[Download PCB foil (solder side view)](https://github.com/disco4now/PicoMite/blob/main/assets/trackerfoilss.png)
[Download PCB foil (component side view)](../blob/main/assets/trackerfoilcs.png)

A relative link to an asset add this way does NOT seem to work for inline, i.e.
![Download PCB foil (component side view)](../blob/main/assets/trackerfoilcs.png)

I do not see a way to bulk upload pages, so probably a cut and paste of prepared file would be required for each page.

There is no granularity in permissions. The options as I understand are collaborators have full access, and then a choice of all others all being given either full access or read only.

Curver tracer on GitHub wiki

This is the article shown on the DokuWiki I am playing with.

Curver tracer on Dokuwiki

My preferred option is to move the FotS to DokuWiki. I have it hosted on VentraIP and  would keep it going for as long as I am around.
It gives good searching, full granularity for permissions and seems to be a well used/supported wiki. I can also bulk load the pages and supporting assets.I have broken the back of this and have just been pondering the rearrangement of the namespaces.
I would see everyone having read access without a login and any TBS members in good standing. (i.e. a few posts and not kicked out) be given access on request to edit/ add pages. Multiple users can be made superuser to do admin if required.

I have not raised with Glenn but as its PHP and runs on Linux and is a common application once is a proven thing maybe one day it could become
https://www.thebackshed.com/wiki

I am proposing to slighly rearrange the existing namespaces to this:
The original MMBasic Library articles (78) (the zip file lizby is currently playing with) are moved to there own namespace. (they are early Maximite files mostly)
CMM2 merged with MMBasic Hardware.

Home Page
MMBasic               105 (was 183)
MMBasic Hardware       11 (was 4)
MMBasic Original       78 (was 0)
Circuit Ideas           9
Great Cow Basic         3
PIC ASM                 7
Platform Agnostic      11
CMM2                    0  (was 7)

This link is to the 38MB file containing the FotS content.
Contains:
Attachments 67 in 46 folders    17MB
Pages 224 in 7 folders          1.8MB
Uploads  98 files in 5 folders  22MB

fruitofthe shed content

So for now I am working toward getting the data loaded into DokuWiki.

Gerry

Hi Tom,
Some updated test files.
tst_math        Should now exercise all the MATH commands and Functions.
               It only checks that the complex number stuff doesn't error
               but most others do some type of test.
tst_memory      Should test all the memory commands
tst_longstring  Should include all longstring commands and functions
tst_error_handling  based on yours and includes tests for the various faults you have reported. Also uses mm.info(LINE) to calculate expected error line.
tst_pins    This exercises the various SPI,COM,PWM,I2C,ADC functions to see the pins           are reserved/released.

fortom.zip

Hi Peter,

Beta 2 Update F4

Using \\000 and \&00 (OPTION ESCAPE) give error message as per picomites
SPIClose() added before AppendLibrary incase left open by flash write fail
multiline comments support as per picomites  /*   */
fix for potential FILES error from peter.
BACKLIGHT value[,DEFAULT|REVERSE]

Regards
Gerry

Latest F4

CNTRL+SHIFT+x will close both the main MMbasic window and the command line console window. Handy if you want to reload from MMEdit which required MMB4W to be closed down.

-add as per picomite
READ SAVE
READ RESTORE

-serial ports
Support for serial comms (any or all of com1 - com63)

Parameters available for serial comms - syntax same as all other MMbasic

Baudrate as specified, default if not 9600

Receive Buffer size as specified, default if not 256

Receive Interrupt can be specified - default no interrupt

Receive Interrupt count can be specified - default 1

Parity - default NONE
Available: EVEN, ODD, MARK, SPACE

Data Bits - default 8
Available 7BIT

Stop bits - default 1
Stop Bits 1.5 supported. (S1P5)
Available S2, S1P5 (1.5bits)

INV not implemented -remove from OPEN command and Appendix A.
RS485 not implemented -remove references to DEN and DEP in OPEN command and Appendix

It is possible to send a break.
PRINT #1 ,BREAK    
its a true BREAK set at 20 bit periods
Maybe a separate entry in PRINT command or in APPENDIX A

MODE command can take -ve mode value
Mode command - use a negative value for the mode and you will get full screen with no border e.g.
MODE -16 will fill a 1080p monitor perfectly as full screen with no border at the top.
You cannot set a full screen mode as the default.i.e OPTION MODE -16 would not be allowed.

FUNCTIONS
-missing function
COMPORT(portno) return 0 is port does not exist, 1 if exists.

FULL Screen Editor.
- new functionality
Home - Double press of Home in editor to move to start of the file
End -  Double press of End in editor to move to end of the file

Regards
Gerry
Edited 2024-03-15 13:27 by disco4now
Latest F4 Latest H7

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024