Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 18:22 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Recmote controls for Aircon

lew247

Guru

Posted: 09:23am 04 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have a Fujitsu aircon and need to be able to send controls to it while I'm away from the house in the summer to keep the dog and other animals from overheating as I don't like leaving windows open.

The Fujitsu aircon is weird because it aparentlt it doesn;t just send the signal to turn off or on or change temperature it sends a whole load of commands each time for the remote is used
I suspect it's because the remote cannot tell what the aircon is set to so it sends the whole command set for instance *turn on, set temp to 18°C, fan auto, timer off and so on

What I want to do is use a Pico because they are cheap, with an Ir receiver and transmitter and capture the codes I need to use by pressing buttons, storing the codes and then sending the same codes via the Pico to the aircon

I know the Pico does IR Receive and transmit but they are nec codes and I suspect this does not use them

Has anyone any idea how I can capture the codes if I press the remote pointed at the Pico and store it as a variable or label or whatever it's called so I can then use that to send the same command back via an ir transmit diode?

I only need to capture
power on, power off, temperature set to whatever temp and fan speed so only really need to store and use 4 items

I hope that made sense because I can see it in my mind what I want but it's hard to explain in words sometimes

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 09:48am 04 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

First you need to know a) if the transmission is modulated IR and b) which modulation frequency has been used. You might have to view a burst on a scope fed from a "naked" IR receiver diode (no demodulator on it, maybe just an amplifier and squarer). There are 875nm and 940nm wavelengths, but at short range it may not matter too much.

(If you can find a schematic of the aircon it *might* tell you which receiver has been used (or you could be brave and open it up to look!).)

Once you find the modulation frequency (usually about 36kHz-38kHz, but it doesn't have to be) you can get a receiver that includes a demodulator so it has a simple logic output. That can be fed into a logic analyser to read the codes for each instruction.

Are you sure you want to do this?  ;)
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

lew247

Guru

Posted: 11:30am 04 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

38 Khz and modulated
Similar codes in the pdf but I don't know if they will work with mine ot not, I'd rather "capture" the codes to make certain

Fujitsu IR Codes.pdf

Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 11:44am 04 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Have you tried the example in the user manual? It should give you some sort of code. You could save them to a "big enough" array, incrementing the pointer for each code.
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

phil99

Guru

Posted: 01:06pm 04 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Peter's Pico CSub LOG can capture a stream like that. It records transition times to the microsecond. + values for rising edges, - values for falling edges. Turn that into pulse durations for retransmission via BITBANG BITSTREAM.
Edited 2022-05-05 09:00 by phil99

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024