Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:27 20 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Kinda O.T. Today's Make

Rickard5

Guru

Posted: 12:59am 06 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I am Lucky too be of the age where most of my Career in the Tech world was during the Bubble Years, any one time I had a list of now USELESS certifications and unfortunately I wasn't up in the northern polar Regions of the Bubble, I was more along the equator picking Bananas, but I'm so lucky I got to go to a lot of the great trade shows and tech events like codex every year, CES a few years, Networld/Interop, and even a few SUN events on company Junkets. But I never got to make DEFCON / Blackhat, any how a College Friend's wife went to DEFCON 2007, and had an unbuilt badge, and she Gifted it to me, it's been the Crown Jewel in my Tech Collection, anyhow last night I got sick of looking at it unbuilt and unloved, so today @ 4:30 am I started to give her the love so deserves and Built Her :),Now the real fun Begins to unlock her secrets From the Building Guide "This badge was designed to be easy to solder, as well as hackable. It is based on the ARM Cortex-M4 STM32F302 microcontroller, and can programmed using a ST-Link V2 programmer." and the LCD/SD Card drive looks to be the same one as in the Picomite Docs Wouldn't it be neat if I could get the STM Version of MMBasic working on this :)

I turned the volume on the monitor to max and could hear sound. Thanks Stanleyella

al18

Posted: 02:09am 06 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Nice. Your badge appears to be from DEFCON 25 in 2017.

More info and pictures on
https://hackaday.com/2017/08/04/all-the-hardware-badges-of-def-con-25/

Rickard5

Guru

Posted: 02:59am 06 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

al18 said  Nice. Your badge appears to be from DEFCON 25 in 2017.

You sir are correct, but

I turned the volume on the monitor to max and could hear sound. Thanks Stanleyella

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 07:08am 06 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Rickard5 said  STM32F302 ... Wouldn't it be neat if I could get the STM Version of MMBasic working on this :)

The hardware (I/O etc) of the F302 is not like the PicoMite.  It's also quite a lot unlike the F411 etc.

You'd maybe have to strip MMBasic down and for sure write a lot of new I/O etc code.

Doable but I fear pointless.

John
Edited 2022-05-06 17:11 by JohnS

Rickard5

Guru

Posted: 12:44pm 06 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

JohnS said  
The hardware (I/O etc) of the F302 is not like the PicoMite.  It's also quite a lot unlike the F411 etc.

You'd maybe have to strip MMBasic down and for sure write a lot of new I/O etc code.

Doable but I fear pointless.

John

Well Hacking your DEFCON badge may look like a fools errand on the surface, it's Never pointless! Merica the land of the Ham and Cheese Sandwich with 2 fried chicken patties for bread, Land that Metric can't take over, we Yanks do lots of pointless things, and end up with Boots on the Moon :) so having badge Superiority is critical to closing the Badge Gap, Plus I'm am a hugely bad Programmer so MMBasic is pretty high level for me, and I'm still pretty new at it :)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024