Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:56 29 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Attempt at E-100 with MX170 Slave

Page 2 of 2    
LouisG

Posted: 06:36am 13 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Phil99 and Lizby.

A few years ago I tried expanding the outputs of a Colour Maximite with a couple of 595 chips. It worked well until someone started using a TIG (tungsten inert gas) welder about 5 metres from my setup. The powerful RFI from the HV spark generation when initiating a weld caused all hell to break loose with the 595 outputs. There's no welder in sight now but once bitten, ...

I'll consider revisiting the 595 with appropriate isolations but the solution with an outboard MX170 is still the most appealing. It covers all contingencies including AINs of which I need many (to monitor various air pressures). PicoMite is limited in this, MX170 is better. Will experiment further when back in Oz. Am presently overseas getting my hands dirty.

-   Louis

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024