Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:30 28 Mar 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMEdit -  PicoMite Support

Banjo

Posted: 12:59pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I'm a great fan of MMEdit, & have built a few ambious control projects, around the Explore28 platform.  I now want to migrate one project over to a PicoMite, but would like to use MMEdit, rather than type the pages & pages of code into the PicoMite, using PuTTY or TeraTerm.  I hear that there is a new version of MMEdit in progress, that will support, the PicoMite. Can anyone confirm that; if so, approximately when it is likely to be released.

I'm just so happy coding in MMEdit, where you click on the "little running man", & it just works.

Cheers Banjo

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 01:27pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

V5. It works beautifully..awesome product  

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 02:39pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Banjo said   rather than type the pages & pages of code into the PicoMite, using PuTTY

I only use putty and notepad++ as my entire IDE.

You don't have to type into any mite platform. use AUTOSAVE (F10) and paste your code into the terminal window. Then press Ctrl-Z. If you want to get really playful, you can embed a ctrl-Z (CHR 26) into the end of your code then as soon as the upload is complete you get the > prompt

lizby
Guru

Posted: 02:39pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Banjo said  . . . rather than type the pages & pages of code into the PicoMite, using PuTTY or TeraTerm

With TeraTerm, at the ">" prompt, you can press F10 (AUTOSAVE), copy your text from any editor (e.g., Notepad++), paste it into Teraterm, press <Ctrl>-Z, and your code is in the PicoMite.

Hmmm, Cap'n--you beat me by, let's see 10:39 minus 10:39 equals zero minutes.

Edited 2022-05-26 00:49 by lizby
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 02:49pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Cap'n/lizby

This is of interest to me.

All my systems have an Android device as a HMI and therefore, I have remote access.
So I can send MMBASIC updates to the Android device and simply download to the Pico, terminated with CHR 26?

Very cool

Craig

vegipete

Guru

Posted: 07:30pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

CaptainBoing said  You don't have to type into any mite platform. use AUTOSAVE (F10) and paste your code into the terminal window. Then press Ctrl-Z. If you want to get really playful, you can embed a ctrl-Z (CHR 26) into the end of your code then as soon as the upload is complete you get the > prompt

Better still, use "autosave" as the first line of your code.
Visit Vegipete's *Mite Library for cool programs.

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 09:15pm 25 May 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The latest V4x works with the picomite but I suggest you go with V5.

With V5, you will have to change the way you use it but one click deploy still works.
You can also drag and drop new firmware files for pain free updates.

The help files are still a work in progress but I am slowly getting there.

As a bonus you can also use Notepad++ and TeraTerm with it. Both are excellent programs.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 09:50am 26 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Jim,

How are you? Little presence on the forum recently. All well? Or have you been bitten by the Corona beasts also?
I hope you are well..

I was wondering if there was any news on MMedit. Especially for the pre announced linux version. Or have I missed it's release?

Don't feel stressed to do something you where not intending to do. It is just pure interest in you and in MMedit.

Volhout.

P.s. of coarse I hope the linux version will get there one day. Especially since the pico build in editor doesnt do coloring, and linux terminal programs do not allow copy/paste or even autosave. So it is sd card swapping for me.
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 11:51am 26 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I haven't updated the Linux version for a while but it is there on my website.
I have been using a beta version of PureBasic and it has just gone out of beta so it is time to post an update - soon.

I am doing a bit of work on it but progress is slow.
There are more pressing things going on at the moment, including chasing a melanoma around my face. Hoping to reach the end of all the digging in a month or two.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

panky

Guru

Posted: 12:14am 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

@Valhout

I have been using V5 on a Mint 20 system for a while and it works fine - the only issue I have found is that MMEdit doesn't like the colour codes in the built in Pico EDIT so I just set OPTION COLOURCODE OFF.

panky.
Jim, great program, thanks for all your efforts - hope you chase down all your health problems OK, Warm Regards, Doug.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

panky

Guru

Posted: 12:20am 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Volhout said  ... Especially since the pico build in editor doesnt do coloring, and linux terminal programs do not allow copy/paste or even autosave. So it is sd card swapping for me.

In addition to using MMEdit, I also use Rob Rozee's GFXTerm64 terminal program on my Mint 20 system and this does display all the EDIT colour codes correctly. It also allows you to paste into the terminal screen and upload programs using Autosave - just remember to press Ctrl Z at the end of the transfer.

panky.
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 06:42am 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said  
I have been using V5 on a Mint 20 system for a while and it works fine - the only issue I have found is that MMEdit doesn't like the colour codes in the built in Pico EDIT so I just set OPTION COLOURCODE OFF.

IF you don't like the colours rendered, you can change them in MMCC.INF
It caters for the 8 normal colours and I am not aware of any use of other colours in the editor.

There is another problem using MMCC terminal for the editor.
The picomite sends CR LF CR (an extra CR) during some activities and this screws up the terminal.
I have to look further into this problem.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 07:00am 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said  
  panky said  

IF you don't like the colours rendered, you can change them in MMCC.INF
It caters for the 8 normal colours and I am not aware of any use of other colours in the editor.

There is another problem using MMCC terminal for the editor.
The picomite sends CR LF CR (an extra CR) during some activities and this screws up the terminal.
I have to look further into this problem.

Jim

Maybe talk to Peter. He may be able to make this small correction, and make your life easier. If you see what MAJOR changes he is doing between releases, this may be peanuts for him....
Edited 2022-06-27 17:01 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 08:47am 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have fixed the line-ending issue. You have to specify what it is expecting. That was needed for sending anyway and now receiving follows that setting.

Also fixed the scroll (I think)

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

panky

Guru

Posted: 11:58pm 27 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

TassyJim said  ...Also fixed the scroll (I think)
Jim

You certainly did - works a treat now, thanks.
Doug.

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 02:13am 28 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

panky said  
  TassyJim said  ...Also fixed the scroll (I think)
Jim

You certainly did - works a treat now, thanks.
Doug.

I haven't published the fixes yet so it must have been something local.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024