Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:15 25 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM2: Lines demo

Lodovik

Posted: 02:59am 26 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here is a little screen saver-like program that displays differently colored lines objects that move around the screen, while changing form and color intensity. The longer are the lines, the darker they get.

It was my backup project for this year MMBasic challenge. I stopped working on it when the frame rate began to drop below 15 as I added more features than the CMM2 could handle. The main obstacle was calculating the distance between all the points of each object as I needed it to modify the intensity.

If you change resolution, it will adapt to match the objects size to the screen resolution. It works on MMBasic for Windows and is much faster there, even on a moderate PC.

There's an Easter egg in it, too!

LinesDemo.BAS.zip

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 06:13am 26 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Lodovik,

I get an error in line 93 "map not declared"
Running MMB4W 5.07.03b4

Regards,

Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

Lodovik

Posted: 02:13pm 26 Jun 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout,

Looking at the error, MMB4W seems to think that the MAP command is a variable. I think it wasn't implemented yet on your beta version.

It's working OK with MMBasic for Windows V5.07.03b10 here. Maybe you could try it with the latest beta?

Also, my Windows setup is quite unusual: I use Windows 11 for ARM on a M1 Mac inside a Parallels Virtual machine. I thought that if it worked with my setup it should works pretty everywhere. It's giving me about 240fps (vs about 15fps on the CMM2) so graphics acceleration is enabled on my Win11 virtual machine (a thing I had problems with before).
Edited 2022-06-27 01:39 by Lodovik

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024