Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:47 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Is Micromite.org Still In Business?

Bitznbytes

Posted: 04:30pm 29 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All. Does anyone know what the situation is with www.micromite.org in the UK? I placed an order on 19th May 2022 for a "MicroMite+ Explore 100 Module *ASSEMBLED* (No TFT LCD Panel Display)" @ £82.80, which was paid. It was on backorder, but I figured I'd wait for a while. Eventually I tried to get in contact to progress the order, without success. I have since tried every means I can to get in touch, including:

- Web: micromite.org Contact Us page.

- Phone:(+44) 7388 347 822

- Email: ContactUs@MicroMite.org

In this forum, it indicates that member Whitewizzard / Phil Boyce is the person behind micromite.org, so I've tried contacting at:

- Phil.boyce@live.co.uk

- whitewizzard@micromite.org

I haven't had a response from any of these contact attempts. I can't figure how to try and contact him direct through the Backshed, if that's possible.

As far as I can tell, the micromite.org site is still accepting orders.

Hence, if anyone can throw any light on the situation with micromite.org, I'd be very grateful.

Tinine
Guru

Posted: 04:51pm 29 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Bitznbytes said  Hi All. Does anyone know what the situation is with www.micromite.org in the UK? I placed an order on 19th May 2022 for a "MicroMite+ Explore 100 Module *ASSEMBLED* (No TFT LCD Panel Display)" @ £82.80, which was paid. It was on backorder, but I figured I'd wait for a while. Eventually I tried to get in contact to progress the order, without success. I have since tried every means I can to get in touch, including:

- Web: micromite.org Contact Us page.

- Phone:(+44) 7388 347 822

- Email: ContactUs@MicroMite.org

In this forum, it indicates that member Whitewizzard / Phil Boyce is the person behind micromite.org, so I've tried contacting at:

- Phil.boyce@live.co.uk

- whitewizzard@micromite.org

I haven't had a response from any of these contact attempts. I can't figure how to try and contact him direct through the Backshed, if that's possible.

As far as I can tell, the micromite.org site is still accepting orders.

Hence, if anyone can throw any light on the situation with micromite.org, I'd be very grateful.

The phone number is the same as the one in my contacts.

Been wondering about Phil myself; great guy. Always went the extra mile for me.
If you have no luck, let me know and I'll send you my remaining E-100. It's one of the 100MHz units (I think) because there was a shortage of the 120MHz chips at the time.

Craig

DaveJacko

Posted: 09:20pm 29 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Absolutely, Phil very helpful, great community guy, goes the extra mile.
I hope he is ok, as he owes me £30 for a E-100..
only kidding.. keep the money, Phil, just let us know if you are ok we miss you.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:31am 30 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yes, I was wondering about him too, as he used to post frequently on the forums, but I have not seen any posts from him in ages.  Also hoping he is OK....
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Bitznbytes

Posted: 09:16am 30 Sep 2022
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just noticed Phil Boyce is in the October 22 edition of Practical Electronics, with his series "Make it with Micromite by Phil Boyce". So I guess he's still around, but evidently very difficult to contact! Maybe I'll try EMailing PE.

Turbo46

Guru

Posted: 06:07am 24 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://www.micromite.org/ is now a blank page. That may not be good news.

Bill
Keep safe. Live long and prosper.

thwill

Guru

Posted: 09:35am 24 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Turbo46 said  https://www.micromite.org/ is now a blank page. That may not be good news.

Bill

Oh noes.

Likewise I tried to reach out to him recently on both the email addresses I have and received no reply .

Best wishes,

Tom
Game*Mite, CMM2 Welcome Tape, Creaky old text adventures

TrevorH

Posted: 12:54pm 24 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi everybody,
Just spoke to Matt Pultzer of Practical Electronics, confirming that Phil is OK, just too busy with his day job. He promised to message him to respond to concerns on TBS when he is able.

Trevor

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 01:10am 25 Oct 2023
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That's great news.
I was wondering myself - along with many of you it would seem - what had happened to him.  

It's good to have confirmation that he is alive and healthy - that's the main thing, and that was what was worrying me, cos I also tried emailing him and got no reply, both Geoff and Peter had not heard anything from him, and I was starting to be concerned.

Hopefully, we will see a post from him at some point when he has time then.

Thanks for taking the time to find out, Trevor.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024