Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:01 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Maximite 2 Deluxe - Keyboard Problems

realbobele

Posted: 04:49pm 06 Apr 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi there  

I have a problem with my Colour maximize 2 Deluxe I hope I can find some help for here on the forum.

I do use the Machine without any problems with a very cheap and simple USB-Keyboard, but as this thing is a pain to type on, I wanted to hook up something better. I tried a mechanical Gaming-Keyboard I had lying around, but while its RGB Lights flash up, no keypress is read by the Maximite. I thought about maybe the RGB-Lights use to much current and forgot about it for a while.

Now I got an 8bitdo Retrokeyboard which I really would like to use, but this one also does not work. I tried to use the USB-Dongle that came with it... no Keypresses detected (while the Dongle's LED shows that it connects to the Keyboard). I then tried to connect it via USB-Cable... no Keypresses detected. It flashed its LED so it was charging its internal battery, and I tried to charge it first. Did, and after connecting agatin it had a solid red LED showing that it does not try to charge and still... no keypresses detected.

So I am still stuck to this cheap USB-Keyboard which seems to be the only one that works. Does anyone have an idea what is the problem here? And does anyone got an 8bitdo Retro-Keyboard to work on the Maximite 2 Deluxe?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Greetings from Germany
Boris

matherp
Guru

Posted: 05:31pm 06 Apr 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

From the manual

Quote  It will accept a standard USB keyboard including most that have a wireless
dongle for the USB connection. Note that you cannot use a USB hub on this port or keyboards that have both a
keyboard and mouse function. The latter will not work because they have a built-in USB hub to support the
two different functions.
Typical keyboards that have been tested and work include Logitech K120 or K270 or K400+ or K800, HP
SK2885, Lenovo KU-0225 and Microsoft 600

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024