Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 20:50 23 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : to gizzmo from sparkey...

sparkey

Posted: 04:25am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

i know you have it in yor admin power to have a listing to be set as first priority :::how about a topic "nebies please read " stating that they should aquire the three issues of silicon chip " as a starting point and also allow for a few other members to put foward their help hints it woul save us seniors a lot of time for "stating obvious pointers about the maxi"" regards sp[arkey...
technicians do it with least resistance

Xiongmao

Posted: 05:07am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

They are called "Stickys". I'm sure he can do that for you.Edited by Xiongmao 2011-08-29

sparkey

Posted: 05:30am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

well considering you bought a altronics kit ...i would have thought that you would recive the three complete articals in cluding what errata altronics considerd to be supplied with the kit ..in my day when i brought a kit i would expect the complete articles and any errata that was valid at the time of manafacture,,,,

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:52am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

If anyone could put together a "newbies please read" page, I'll be happy to add it as a sticky. But it can not be about Maximites only, this section is for all microcontrollers, so the information must be generic. Also I would need internet links to sources of information, magazine articles are not much good if you cant read them online.

The best approach would be a list of links, covering 3 area's

1. Specific microcontroller web pages, like mine and anyone else who has written a page about the Maximite, PicAxe, etc. Example, Don's Maximite site, Rev-Ed site, etc
2. A list of suppliers.
3. And links to information that may come in handy, like the GW-Basic reference, common interface circuits, etc.

Its also worth remembering everyone starts as a newbie at some time, and its normal for the same questions to be posted again and again, thats the nature of forums.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

sparkey

Posted: 08:23am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yes i had given that thought before even posting this subject after all it is a mixed bunch of topics on this forum and of corse all have to be thought of

regards sparkey thanks for the "cc.ism" i will keep this in mind when i next put foward this idea > i`ll have to do some digging for notes and web sites but will hopefully come up with some thing as i also have my own projects to consider but i am willing to try .....

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 08:35am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Glenn,
If I may toss a few idea's, as this the main support forum for the maximite on the web, as Sparkey said those 3 issues of the siliconchip series would be a great inclusion. Now siliconchip do have online pdf's but they slug $8.80 or something awful like that just to view it and for each one. It may take Geoff and yourself to ask siliconchip if they could release those 3 articles for public release for this support forum.

Now another idea for a sticky is doing one for code where members can publish a project with full source code and if the project uses an external circuit the schematic too. I'm sure these idea's will put this maximite support forum on a new higher level where people new will have everything to get them started.

Regards BryanEdited by Bryan1 2011-08-29

sparkey

Posted: 08:50am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

thank you for support am at present getting a list o f web sites together...regards sparkey...

sparkey

Posted: 09:10am 28 Aug 2011
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

as far as the maximite is concearned the first thing that i sugest " get copies of silicon

chips " "march/april/may " 2011 this will give you a great deal of information saving

you a lot of end less posts and helping us to give you an insite before you begin

joining the group.....

these are some web sites to check out ....

ken from kds design`s

http://kenseglerdesigns.com

don from the following web site has the audrino stuff as well...

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/

rohan from hamfield has great add on boards as well as other gear ...

http://www.hamfield.com.au

geoff ... mr maximite himself the creator of the maximite
http://geoffg.net

vasi who has his own ideas on this topic

http://sites.google.com/site/funlw65

these are a few wbsites common to the maximite and "pic axe "

::: also check out silicon chip`s web site "silicon chip .com.au

hows this for starters glenn regards spar key "works in progress"""...///

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024