Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:49 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : A bit quiet so.....

Blackened

Posted: 01:30am 31 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Here's a link to a thread in an aussie home brewer forum that I started in regards to my MMBasic/Duinomite project if anyone is interested. Still very much a work in progress.

AHB forum thread

If anyone wants me to upload the .bas I'd be happy to.

shoebuckle

Posted: 04:08pm 31 Jul 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Blackened,
Would you like to put your code in MMLib? It am sure others doing the same or similar projects would be interested in your techniques.

If you do, an explanatory readme file would be useful and a brief description to go in the library readme. Schematic would also be useful. Send it to mmlib@geoffg.net and I will insert it.

Cheers,
Hugh

Blackened

Posted: 01:37am 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I had thought about submitting it to the library. I Wasn't sure if there'd be any interest as I'm not a professional programmer by any stretch of the imagination. I'll try and write a readme for it though and upload it. Add it if you like, or not if it seems a bit amateurish

edit: email sent Edited by Blackened 2013-08-02

shoebuckle

Posted: 03:57pm 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Blackened said   I had thought about submitting it to the library. I Wasn't sure if there'd be any interest as I'm not a professional programmer by any stretch of the imagination.

Very few of us are professional programmers and we can always learn from others code, besides your process control/monitoring application may inspire others. I am sure there are budding brewers amongst the readers of this forum.

Cheers,
Hugh

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 04:06pm 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Brewing is an interesting application. I am a bit hurt by Blackened since he hasn't mentioned the 4105 modules in his list of MM options, but would be curious to hear his further feedback how does the MM-brewed alcohol taste

http://rittle.org

--------------

Blackened

Posted: 05:07pm 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

kiiid said   Brewing is an interesting application. I am a bit hurt by Blackened since he hasn't mentioned the 4105 modules in his list of MM options, but would be curious to hear his further feedback how does the MM-brewed alcohol taste

Kiiid, you've lost me. MM options? Oh it just clicked! The links in the first post of my thread. Sorry dude, I just grabbed some from Geoff's page in a hurry. If it makes you feel any better I didn't point out Dontronics either. I should really link to this forum from the AHB thread too so that interested parties can be fully informed.

Oh and the beer.... very first bottle is in the fridge chillin' as I type. I'll be sampling it later tonight as I have a late afternoon shift today. The main problem I have is that I can't drink and code at the same time. Coding is enough of a struggle even when I'm brain boosted with caffeine!

Having said that, it is coming much easier with practice.

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 05:47pm 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No worries, just joking
What kind of beer did you make - light, dark, with or without extra flavours?
I don't know much about this process but it looks like equipment like this could be a money saver for many people

http://rittle.org

--------------

Blackened

Posted: 06:09pm 01 Aug 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

kiiid said   No worries, just joking
What kind of beer did you make - light, dark, with or without extra flavours?
I don't know much about this process but it looks like equipment like this could be a money saver for many people

In a nutshell:
I made a simple ale in the style of an IPA, pretty basic ingredients because I was focused on the controller rather than a fancy recipe. Many people think "can of extract from the supermarket and sugar" when they think of home brewing beer. I use malted barley (comes in a huge variety of types that effect colour/flavour/mouthfeel and other aspects) and hops in the form of pellets or sometimes whole flowers. I'm trying a variety of hops called Mosaic that I've never tried before for the purpose of aroma. It smells absolutely wonderful so far. Bottling day was a real pleasure

edit: oh and re: money saver, my next 23L batch cost around $42 AUD for an oatmeal stout for the ingredients, plus the electricity. So yes, if you do it right quality is great and cost is tinyEdited by Blackened 2013-08-03

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024