Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:42 19 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MMchess?

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 12:14am 10 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever attempted to make or port some chess on the 'mite? The real one I mean, not the colour...

http://rittle.org

--------------

Frank N. Furter
Guru

Posted: 08:40am 10 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Kon,

I tried a little bit an old BASIC chess code and it seems to work...
The code has a graphic output that not work properly but the moves seems to be ok.

My aim is to create a little servo robot arm (controlled by a Maximite) to do the moves!

Frank

kiiid

Guru

Posted: 12:16pm 10 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Was it the GWChess? I played a bit with its code these days. It contains quite a few LOCATE commands which initially I thought will be fine. But then in fact I had to convert them all because the Microsoft's format is <line,column> while MMBasic interprets as <column,line>. LOCATE also has a third parameter in the original code, which causes MMBasic to exit with an error. Yet, after converting the whole output, the code failed with too many nested GOSUBs and I got tired from it :)
What you are trying to do sounds interesting. Maybe when you build it you will share some photo/video showing your robotic player?Edited by kiiid 2013-10-11
http://rittle.org

--------------

Frank N. Furter
Guru

Posted: 07:51pm 10 Oct 2013
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have annoyingly too little time for those projects... But when I have something working I will it exhibit here...

Frank

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024