Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:45 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Wattmon uPHP on PIC32

Page 3 of 3    
Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 02:07am 01 Mar 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

That is a point. As far as I know the Microchip SD card routines do not write the data out until you close the file.

Geoff

BTW Thanks for the doco on reducing code size. I was already using all the tricks except optimising the library - I had missed that one and it has the potential to recover 4.5K of flash on the Micromite. There is a 20% speed penalty but it will come in handy if my back is to the wall.Edited by Geoffg 2014-03-02
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

akashh

Posted: 02:51pm 08 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have been meaning to post the results of the accelerated write test on the microsd card, but didnt get down to it yet, sorry. Basically from what I could tell, the card did several million writes. I checked it regularly for a few days, and once it lost its counter and started from zero. The next time i checked it the card was so fried I couldn't read it, but it is interesting to note some things in general about sd cards from my personal experience:
1) cards fail after several months of constant wear but not consistently
2) although a card appears to be working on Wattmon, using microchip's FAT32 libraries, plugging it into a pc doesn't work and it will either not read at all or eject when trying to access any file.
3) sometimes reformatting works if the card is not too damaged

I was wondering whether there isn't a fun little project to be made from this experience, such a small network accessible or USB sd card reader using microchips libraries. Perhaps this would allow us to recover stuff off damaged sd cards that no pc will look at!

Akash

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024