Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:41 08 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : How do you get TerraTerm to log activity?

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 08:21pm 31 Mar 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I have set "Include screen buffer" in FILE/LOG...

I have set "Auto start logging" in Advanced Settings.../Log

I have accepted defaults for logfile name, and have set the log folder as D:\ which is the root of the data hard-drive.

No file, no log - no matter what I do or how I exit.

Does anyone know what is going on?
Data shows up fine in the logging window, but it is not being saved in any logfile despite my having asked TT to do that.

EDIT: I suppose I should mention OS - Windows 8, 64-bit.Edited by Grogster 2014-04-02
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 08:54pm 31 Mar 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I don't have any problem.
Try saving to 'documents' rather than the root of drive D
W8 might be fussy about where you have access to.
I know it gets shirty about the root of drive C

Jim

VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Bryan1

Guru

Posted: 11:30pm 31 Mar 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

After I thread this thread earlier I got my BB out and had a go at updating the pic to beta 15 only to find the first pic's after the erase NOWAY would IPE even see the chips. Tried with 2 and got the same result so tried with a third and that worked so on my way to try this out.

Set up a log file and a simple routine to measure the 3v3 rail with a 1K resistor in series with AN2 and noway would it write to the file. Winsucks 7 here.

Anyway tried out MMEdit and no way would it output anytihng in the chat window. So I've downloaded the latest version and will check in the morning.

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 12:12pm 01 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Progress.

Having set all the options, I was NOT clicking SAVE in FILE/LOG..., as I figured that TT would open the logfile itself, but it was not. This means I have to manually open the logfile each time I load the INI settings for that config of TT. I would have hoped that this would have been included in the INI file you load, but apparently not.

Oh well - who cares.

It IS now working, and I have UNTICKED "Include screen buffer", as this was cocking up the logfile contents. It is unticked by default, I only ticked it as a way of trying to make the logfiles work.

So, things seem to be working OK for the moment now.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024