Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:28 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Bypic Vasi

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 07:42am 20 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

http://www.bypic.byvac.com/index.php/BP2

Hi Vasi hope you are fine ;-)
Have you any experience with bypic?
What do you think of it?

Dietmar

vasi

Guru

Posted: 05:18pm 20 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Dietmar,

I'm fine thank you, and wish you the same. I visited the site a couple of times, but I don't have their board.
At first sight, it looks like a BASIC implemented on the mechanism of PIC32Lua (including bytecode compilation).
It is possible to be faster than Maximite/Micromite but you have to test that yourself.

But I have a question for you. As I understand, you're coming from AVR micros, why you look for PIC's? I mean, I know a lot of people coming to AVRs from PIC (including me) and the reasons are a complete free and performing toolchain, powerful and simple 8bit microcontrollers, premium open-source projects, Arduino ecosystem. And a lot of small reasons, one being that a couple of years back it was a lot easier to make a SD-Card logger with AVRs.

VasiEdited by vasi 2014-04-22
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 09:59am 28 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Vasi,

playing around with controllers is just a Hobby and has nothing to do with my Job ( more with my education and University "carreer".)
There are no Special Facts why my interest in moment is now more related to PIC's.
But i agree to some of your reasons. The free and stable C Toolchain of the AVR's is a good thing.
Also alternatives like Lunaavr or Bascom are interesting, but i think there are also simillar reasons in the PIC World....

One loves the Blonde Girls one the Black ones; at the End of the day they all are wonderfull and you can have lots of fun with both, sometimes at the same time ;-)...

Fell free, and no limits to the limits of our imagination.

Dietmar

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 11:11am 28 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

It's been around for years. I'm guessing longer than pic32lua

I don't know anyone actively using it but there again I probably wouldn't!

John

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024