Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 01:44 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Errata for MicroMite (released version)

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 03:01am 27 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

All,

If anyone finds any issues with the released version of the software / hardware / manual / website can I propose that we get them all in one place to make it easier for Geoff to address.

A couple of us have already seen the '-6.5 means 6hours 30 seconds' error on the web (should be minutes).

Here is another that hasn't yet been picked up:

On page 20 of the manual (regarding Keypad implementation) the example code has parameters that show r1 (i.e row 1) is connected to pin 1 of the PIC (r1, r2, r3, r4, c1, c2, c3 use 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10).

However, pin 1 is MCLR on 28pin MicroMite so not advisable to use!

If anyone has a better proposal to gather any errors then please post here so we can collectively continue to support Geoff in the easiest way possible.

Thanks,
WW
For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 03:08am 27 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

. . . . continuing the above error, I forgot to mention that also pin 8 shouldn't be used either as this is a 0V power connection for the 28pin PIC.

Oohps . . .

For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

robert.rozee
Guru

Posted: 04:02am 27 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

diagram on pg 4 showing the programming connections, pin 5 of the ICSP connector is labelled PCC instead of PGC. the ICSP connector on the 44-pin version of the diagram is similarly labelled.

rob :-)Edited by robert.rozee 2014-04-28

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 05:11pm 27 Apr 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks folks. I have made the corrections.

I assume that with the KEYPAD command I was thinking of the 44-pin chip. But regardless, I might as well pick pin numbers that are valid to both.

BTW, I have discovered two small bugs in the final version:
- The RND() function returns a number between 0 and 1. It should return a number between 0 and 0.999999
- An error is thrown when the LENGTH keyword is used when defining a string array using the LOCAL command/keyword.

Neither of these are sufficiently serious to warrant a new release but they will be fixed eventually.

GeoffEdited by Geoffg 2014-04-29
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024