Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 02:28 20 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite - a comfortable pair of shoes

halldave

Posted: 10:49pm 04 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've tried Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Xcode, and even built the colour Maximite just to have a play,

I'm old, and feel comfortable in the old Microsoft Basic I learnt on the Dick Smith System 80

Geoff has reinvigorated that for me and given clever and smart access to all new features, I now have the best of both worlds and am busy designing some PCB layouts.

Has anyone had any success with Ethernet interfacing if so any example boards would be a help as i'd like some form of internet functionality on my next project

Well done and thanks Geoff

regards

David Hall

WhiteWizzard
Guru

Posted: 03:40am 05 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi David,

I have successfully used this module with a MaxiMite to create a webserver issuing web pages showing temperature captured on a one-wire DS18B20 temp sensor.

Also used iButton reader to read and log unique user ids (iButton mounted on staff pass-cards) and then viewed the log remotely.

I was just playing at the time to see how easy it was (and it was surprisingly easy to get working quickly). Unfortunately I didn't document anything but it is a project I will be offering in the future.

Take a look at the datasheet for the above module. It is technically easy to use and code. Any UART-to-Ethernet module will simplify what you are trying to do so google this with your favorite/local supplier and you should find something.

Keep us informed how you get on . . .

Regards,
Phil

For everything Micromite visit micromite.org

Direct Email: whitewizzard@micromite.o

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 05:36am 05 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Wiznet, easy to interface....

Sample Basic code

halldave

Posted: 10:50am 05 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thankyou for the leads, ill check both of them out, after a quick look both seam very workable

regards

David

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024