Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:55 04 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MikroBasic May Sale, $80 less.

memberx

Posted: 05:15pm 15 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

MikroElekronika have a May/2014 sale with big discount on compilers.

Basic, C and Pascal.

http://www.mikroe.com/

Professional compilers from experienced professional company with huge Libraries and support for most microcontrollers within a particular family.

Price includes a Lifetime license, all future upgrades are free.

If you want a professional state of the art high performance and very easy to use product this is a great opportunity.

I would highly recommend ARM C or Basic Compilers for STM micros.

You can get professional discovery development boards from ST directly for less than $10 US for STM32F100, or $23.52 US for top of the range STM32F429 with touch TFT LCD, 2MB Flash, 256KB Ram plus 64MB SDRam.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/PF259 090

JohnS
Guru

Posted: 08:37pm 15 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

For C or C++ on STM32 I highly recommend gcc. It's free, lots of features, highly optimising. Don't spend any money until you've tried it (or any money at all).

It can cope with small or large projects - as big as Linux!

You can cross-compile, too, if you wish.

To download to the target STM board there's a choice of free tools, also. And debuggers such as gdb (also free).

Use with an IDE such Eclipse if you like that sort of thing.

In case you like assembler, gcc includes gas.

The "best" STM32 boards include the STM32F4Discovery and STM32F429I Discovery. You won't believe how cheap and good they are...

JohnEdited by JohnS 2014-05-17

memberx

Posted: 05:00pm 16 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Link to MikroE HUGE program Library, no need to re invent the wheel for many applications.

http://www.libstock.com/project_categories

vasi

Guru

Posted: 01:22am 19 May 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Development speed! This is what mikroe have in store for you. I started to appreciate this very much after years of struggle in making libraries, or trying to adapt others - is unforgivable how much time I wasted learning from scratch every time and reinventing the wheel.
Yep, you get universal libraries, immune to crystal and device changes and even across platforms (brands). And you pay only once. But if you like open-sourced libraries, you can find some here. I wish I had the money...Edited by vasi 2014-05-20
Hobbit name: Togo Toadfoot of Frogmorton
Elvish name: Mablung Miriel
Beyound Arduino Lang

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024