Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 03:54 26 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : *** COMM *** Mick’s PCB offerings

Page 7 of 7    
bigmik

Guru

Posted: 03:16am 08 Feb 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout,

I am glad you have the BackPack-64X built, and presumably working OK, Was the trace damaged during soldering or was the trace broken as part of the manufacturing? If the latter I am happy to send you a replacement PCB.

As to bypass caps, You are correct, but there a total of 9 bypass capacitors, PLUS a 47uf Cap for filtering, so I am fairly certain that you wont have any problems there.

As the design of BackPack-64X progressed more and more features were added till it got to a stage that it was nigh on impossible to add more components. I am sure that I `could' have squeezed another 0805 100nf cap there but really the board is extremely dense.

I have just had a look at the design and I `could' have squeezed in another 0805 cap right at the Vcc and GND pads but then the text for PGM would not be able to be where it is and I cant find another place to relocate that to.

Kind Regards

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 08:07am 06 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

GDay All,

I am pleased to say that I have a limited number of Colour Maximite-II available.

I am offering a couple of options that are all detailed >>> HERE, Cmm2 <<<

I am still awaiting some `PCB created' front panels from China but I can hand cut some if desperate or I can send them off when they are available, please read the above Brief and if you have any queries please don't hesitate to ask.

I prefer to be just offering the Colour Maximite-II in Australia as there are several others around the world who may be better located for other areas, but I may be able to accommodate you if no one is local to you.

I have set up a directory that is still in the process of being organised, located here.

Colour Maximite-II

Please PM or email me if you have any questions at all.

I am still awaiting some parts but I can supply about 3 or 4 now (with the aforementioned caveat of the front panels)

Kind Regards

Mick

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 07:22am 14 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,  NOTE! Duplicated from a previous post to keep all of my commercial lists together

I have added two more boards to my repertoire.

They are both designed to work with the Colour Maximite-II and connect via a 40pin ribbon cable (Hint remember those old CD-ROM drive cables before Sata came along?)
Both boards have 2 LEDs (Red and Green) to indicate that your power rails are present.

I have on my >>> Web Site <<<   some sample pictures  

And a quick quide may be found >>> HERE <<<

The first board is the CMM2-Breadboard adapter.
This is designed to connect up to a standard breadboard and unlike other boards I have seen, only take up one column of each side of the bread board as shown here:

The second board is the CMM2-Prototype PCB which is based on a `sea-of-holes' approach, for a more permanent solution, it breaks out all of the I/O pins of the Colour Maximite-II.

I currently have stock of both boards.
All prices are in AUSTRALIAN Dollars.

Colour Maximite Prototype (larger board) $4ea

Colour Maximite Breadboard Adapter (Smaller Board) $2ea

Set of boards consisting of one of each type will be $5set

Larger QTY or pre-assembled please contact me to discuss pricing.

Postage, in Australia, will be a flat $2 irregardless of QTY purchased. I am happy to ship either of the Prototype or Breadboard adapter overseas for $4 flat rate.

Headers and other components available via request, please PM or email me at bigmick58@bigpond.com

Kind Regards,

Mick

bigmick58@bigpond.com

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 06:10am 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi All,

My `PCB' Front and rear front panels finally came in.

Stupidly I ordered GREEN instead of black for the rear panels but I actually like it and several of those who I sent them to like it as well.

Anyway here are the actual scanned panels and also how they look in the CMM2 case.

The panels have been designed and sized to fit the Version 1.5 All-In-One version, I believe the other version of CMM2 have the external connections in exactly the same location, but so far I have not tried one for size.

These are available now for $12AU a set shipped in Australia or $15AU including shipping international. I will also supply with every panel purchase a `photo label' that you can cut and afix to these pre-cut panels if you prefer these instead.

Please check my >>> Colour Maximite << page for details of my Other maximite offerings.

See the CMM2-Brief.PDF and my current Pricing Schedule

I am currently down to only a couple of CMM2 availability and am in the same boat as everyone else waiting for suppliers to ship parts.

Kind Regards

Mick
Edited 2020-07-16 16:13 by bigmik

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:19am 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yep - agree. Green is more "retro" more utilitarian for a back panel

nice

Poppy

Guru

Posted: 08:29am 16 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

But why not having/offering some variations?!

Green, Blue, Red ...

Black is boringly usual, just like the "Grey" case generally!
Andre ... such a GURU?

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 09:28am 17 Jul 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Poppy said  
But why not having/offering some variations?!

Green, Blue, Red ...

Black is boringly usual, just like the "Grey" case generally!

Hi Poppy, All,

You can get multi colour silk screen but the price is not cheap.

As to offering different colours, there is a limit to what I need to stock..
I haven’t sold one set yet.. I bought 50 of each... but that’s the risk you take and honestly if it saves me manually cutting the panels on my home made scroll saw then it’s worth while..

One thought I had was plain black where the main Maximite logo is and a transfer or sticker for the colour Maximite logo (or a sticker that covers the plain White one)... I am still exploring that idea.. I think it could work out well with a good quality sticker.

Regards,

Mick

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 06:54am 29 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi BigMik (et al),
I've found yet another use for your small CMM2 breakout PCB.
A connection to HC-12 or Serial via CMM2 pins 11 and 16.
With just three wire links (before soldering on the 40-way IDC) and cutting just one link (with a sharp knife). To prevent shorting I covered the connections with yellow heatshrink, cutout for the connectors.
I now have an economical and neat connection from my CMM2 to an HC-12 via a 4 wire cable (1.5m long).
The following two pictures try to illustrate it all.
Cheers,

Andrew
(The system didn't like two pictures so I'll post the second one shortly)

Andrew_G
Guru

Posted: 06:59am 29 Aug 2020
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hopefully picture two:

Andrew

Page 7 of 7    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024