Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 21:21 16 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM2: SPI and I2C Oled displays: update

matherp
Guru

Posted: 08:47am 15 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I received an SPI OLED display today so a minor mod to the Nokia drivers got that working, I've also converted the pstring routines to cFunctions as per the colour displays which has significantly speeded up text handling

One thing to note, for reasons unknown 1.3" OLED displays (both i2c and SPI) need an offset of 2 applied to the column address in the refresh routine. I've added this as an optional parameter to the "Init" routines. 0.96" displays don't need this and it defaults to 0. I find the 1.3" displays, as in the picture, much more usable than the 0.96" ones, although more expensive. For my ageing eyes the normal size text on the 0.96" is only marginally readable.

Search for I2C OLED, SSI OLED, with or without 1.3" to find the displays on ebay.

The ZIP contains library files for both the i2c and SPI variants, together with the common cFunction source. The library files are in the format prepared by G8JCF.

2014-12-15_184009_OLED-ssd1306.zip Edited by matherp 2014-12-16

G8JCF

Guru

Posted: 01:42pm 15 Dec 2014
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Peter

Very nice ! The Library will be updated.

Peter
The only Konstant is Change

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024