Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 13:11 15 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Micromite V4.7 Beta 1

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 06:07am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

A new version of the Micromite firmware for the MX170 is available for download for anyone who wants to test it. This is a beta version and it includes Peter Mather's drivers for the ILI9341 and SS7735S based displays.

In addition it includes full support for the touch controller (including calibration), two fonts and a set of commands for drawing text, lines, boxes, circles, etc.

You can download the firmware and documentation from:
geoffg.net/Downloads/Micromite/Micromite%20V4.7%20Beta%201.zip

This is very much a beta release as I have many other fixes and features to add (incl Rob's new reset suggestion). I will do this in the following weeks and release a new version when done.

I would very much like to thank Peter Mather for his work on colour LCDs and the Micromite. Many times it is not the actual programming that is important but the concept and new ideas as Peter has demonstrated. This is something that is often forgotten.

Finally, this version also supports ILI9163 based displays. I have not tested it so it is not documented but you can test it yourself with the command: OPTION LCDPANEL ILI9163 … etc

Geoff

Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

twofingers
Guru

Posted: 06:34am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Geoff,

thanks for your impressive work!

Best Regards
Michael

edit:
DLL works, if you don't try to click on it!!

Edited by twofingers 2015-05-20

cosmic frog

Posted: 08:26am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Geoff.

PicFan

Posted: 08:43am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thank you very much Geoff and Peter Mather !

Greetings from Austria !

Wolfgang

viscomjim
Guru

Posted: 11:23am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Geoff and Peters, this is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Thank you sooo much for your hard work. There has to come a day when the uMite gets the recognition it deserves. This would be such a great chip to start off with in schools and all the way up to complex controllers. Time to spend some $$$$ on a couple of displays. I LOVE THIS THING!!!!

EDIT...

In case someone has difficulty with the above link try HERE FOR LINK. Edited by viscomjim 2015-05-20

Justplayin

Guru

Posted: 11:55am 19 May 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I can not believe I ordered the right display (ILI9341) a couple months ago, I am so ready to give this a try! Thanks Geoff & Peter.

--Curtis
I am not a Mad Scientist...  It makes me happy inventing new ways to take over the world!!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024