Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 23:50 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Best parts combination

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 04:25pm 01 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

OK, this is a dumb question, but I'm in a hurry and havn't got time to do the research. This is a Maximite/Micromite project, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't been keeping up with the latest Maximite/Micromite offerings.

I have a client who needs a workshop siren. I need to provide a box that knows the current time, and will operate a set of relay contacts at certain times. The client can plug in a monitor and keyboard, and edit a table of times for the siren to go off. The siren is to let people know its lunch, knockoff, etc.

The software is easy, I can do that, but I need advise on the best combination of hardware. I'm thinking a Maximite, as it has the video out and keyboard interface, add a clock chip, relay driver and thats it. Trying to keeps costs down, the more I spend on hardware the less I get in my pocket at the end.

I do have a PCF8563 clock board if thats compatible.

Thanks
Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 04:50pm 01 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

PM me with details. I'll send you a CGCOLORMAX2.
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Gizmo

Admin Group

Posted: 07:34pm 01 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks CG, pm sent.

Glenn
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is right now.
JAQ

CircuitGizmos

Guru

Posted: 06:48am 02 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

No problem! Take pictures, share, pay it forward...
Micromites and Maximites! - Beginning Maximite

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024