Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 08:43 02 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : MM+ Windows CDC Driver

vegipete

Guru

Posted: 09:22am 14 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is the driver for connecting the MicroMite Plus to Windows supposed to be hard to find?

I finally got around to building, flashing and testing one of Grogster's MM+ Explore 64 boards. That all went fine and I plugged it in a USB port. My Win7 box recognized the existance of the MicroMite device, but stopped there for lack of a driver. It took a remarkably long time googling and searching here to find a driver that would work. I eventually found a functional driver in Geoff's Intelligent Fan Driver package. The MicroMite+ now enumerates as a Silicon Chip (?) device and seems to work correctly. TeraTerm works and I can create test programs so that is all good.

But why is the driver so hard to find? Can't it be included with the MicroMite firmware?

(It would be really cool if the MicroMite could alternately enumerate as a (small) USB thumb drive with the required driver file. One can dream...)
Visit Vegipete's *Mite Library for cool programs.

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 10:08am 14 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

vegipete said   Is the driver for connecting the MicroMite Plus to Windows supposed to be hard to find?

http://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/Silicon_Chip_USB_Serial_Port_Driver.zip

Silicon Chip because that is the magazine that will feature the MM+.

Once the MM+ is out of beta, there will be a dedicated page on Geoff's website.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

Grogster

Admin Group

Posted: 02:02pm 14 Oct 2015
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Sorry you had such a hard time finding the driver.

As Jim said....

Also, MOST people who have played with the MM at all, already have the driver on their system, and the MM+ just uses the same SC driver, so provided you have used a Maximite(B/W or Colour) at some point on the USB cable, then the MM+ should pick up and use that.

Obviously, you have not.(used a b/w or colour maximite)
This means that Bill Gates moans about the driver.

You have a good point though, so I will start including the SC driver package with the download from my website soon. Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.
Smoke makes things work. When the smoke gets out, it stops!

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024