Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 22:42 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : ESP backpack

led-bloon

Posted: 06:40pm 24 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Maybe of some interest to somebody...ILI9341 backpack ESP

ESP-12F programmed using Arduino IDE v1.6.7 and the ESP v2.0.0 platform package.
The ILI9341 LCD display programmed with Adafruit-ILI9341 & Adafruit-GFX libraries (although I had to make many fixes in the ILI9341 for it to work). Access to the SDCard ok, one test program draws a 24 bit Windows bitmap file from the SDCard.
Usual graphics with text, lines, boxes, circles & triangles. Works quite niceley.
Another (simple) test program, connect ESP to local LAN, then send commands from PC via telnet to draw text & graphics.
Next step, connect to internet to gather info to display...

Rgds to all
led

edit: Picture hasn't shown up. Do I need to store it somewhere and post link?
edit2:

Edited by led-bloon 2016-01-26
Miss you George

JohnL

Posted: 09:10pm 24 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Good work led,

Have you done any work on the ILI9341 sensor touch or are you just using the display?

I haven't had a chance to play with my ESP8266 modules yet.
My plan is to try Micropython on ESP.
https://learn.adafruit.com/building-and-running-micropython-on-the-esp8266/overview.

led-bloon

Posted: 10:57am 25 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Haven't tried touch yet. The touch screen on the display in the photos was broken in transit here, but will swap with the one on the uMite, at some point, and get it working.
Will just be playing with display of info off the internet for awhile and see what appeals (time/date, weather, stocks?, other...)
Maybe old age, or lack of experience, but the Arduino IDE is not for me and I'm not keen on python either, so maybe I will drop down to 'bare metal' with the espressif SDK at some point.
Also, waiting on the esp32 to start shipping, before I think about a pcb.
Rgds
led

Miss you George

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024