Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 15:38 01 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Trimming micromite clocks

Page 2 of 2    
paceman
Guru

Posted: 08:08pm 28 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Oh Geez Jim, what a pain - you'll have to move off the top of that hill. We've copped some very localized, storm cells over here (Melb.) too the last couple of days. I think you'll need at least a six-pack to help ease the pain of that.

And, thanks for the formula.

Greg

TassyJim

Guru

Posted: 08:24pm 28 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

At least the coffee machine survived.

The PVR still records but the best output I can get is very noisy video and no sound.

The rain hasn't put the fires out yet but lots more rain tomorrow so we're hoping.
My insurance company are rather busy with flood claims so they might take a while to get to me.

The mono maximite that has served me well for many years as a weather data system didn't make it.

Today it was more lightning and back to pacifying two dogs and the wife. I don't know which one was the most anxious.

Jim
VK7JH
MMedit   MMBasic Help

paceman
Guru

Posted: 09:02pm 28 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well, the whole place down there sure needs the rain - maybe not in such large lumps as St Helens yesterday though. Your wife might feel better if you suggested it's better to be 'missed' by lightning than 'not missed' by flooding - I'd have the car engine running before you suggested that though!

Good luck with the rest of your gear - looks like you'll be busy enough as it is already.

BobD

Guru

Posted: 09:51pm 28 Jan 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I just finished reading about Jim and his unfortunate run in with lightning and I saw this. It is a photo of the Sydney Tower (aka Centrepoint). The mast that was hit has some antennas. Just as well you didn't cop a direct hit like this one Jim.

Page 2 of 2    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024