Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:46 29 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : ILI9341 Touch Issue

jman

Guru

Posted: 10:34pm 20 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi
After recieving a 2.4TFT ILI9341 from our favourite auction website i noticed the PCB had a different layout to the previous version. On closer inspection I noticed the TJCTM2402-SPI that is normally silk screened on the back was missing from the
new version.

Now the fun part. After hooking it up to Micks 170 Backback the GUI TEST LCDPANEL command preformed as normal but when the GUI CALIBRATE command is run on the second touch an error is thrown "Touch Hardware Error"

In an effort to located the issue i replaced the touch panel and the touch control IC but the error persisted. Then while testing I hooked up just the touch portion without the LCD and success the touch worked perfectly so the orginal touch panel and touch control IC were reinstalled and these worked perfectly without the LCD section connected.

Once the LCD section was reconnected the error returned a bit more prodding and success If i disconnect the LCD MISO pin used by the LCD and the Touch functions as normal.
To get my LCD to function i removed the LCD MISO pin from the LCD header

So now a question for Geoff or Peter is the LCD MISO required ?

Thought I would share the experience in case somebody else runs into the same issue

Regards
Jman

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:23am 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jman,
Ineresting! I have the same indication error -that is, on GUI CALIBRATE the first target works but when I hit the second target it fails with the same error as you.
BIG difference, I am using a ssd1963 on a circuit gizmos pmather board, 100mhz 64 pin 470 running 5.2
Have tested with a 7" ssd1963 and a 4.3" ssd1963 - same result. Display works fine - am not using the SD funtion. Pins for touch are cs 51, int 33

Tested with a snadpic board and works correctly, that is, gui calibrate completes correctly with the display that failed above.

Close visual check of the circuit does not show any problems (that i can see😀😀)

panky.

... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

matherp
Guru

Posted: 01:28am 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Panky

Please try calibrating with the LCD in the opposite orientation

i.e. if you were using L or RL try P or RP and visa versa

I don't think this is the issue for jman but I think there is a "feature" in the firmware that can cause the problem you are finding. I've already reported this to Geoff.

There is no simple workround if this is the issue

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:58am 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

hi Peter,

R or RP both fail also - always the second target. Any ideas about why it works ok on the snadpic but fails on your/circuit gizmos' board? Anything to do with pin 33?

I might try to rewire tomorrow and use another irq pin? Will advise.

Thanks for the quick response,
panky
... almost all of the Maximites, the MicromMites, the MM Extremes, the ArmMites, the PicoMite and loving it!

matherp
Guru

Posted: 02:16am 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Just tested 4.3" on my board and it calibrates fine. Check for shorts and/or dry joints on the relevant pins.

The IRQ pin is obviously working so check CS, SCK, MISO and MOSIEdited by matherp 2016-08-22

panky

Guru

Posted: 01:25pm 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks Peter, will do.
panky.

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 03:48pm 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

jman said   Hi
After recieving a 2.4TFT ILI9341 from our favourite auction website i noticed the PCB had a different layout to the previous version. On closer inspection I noticed the TJCTM2402-SPI that is normally silk screened on the back was missing from the
new version.

Now the fun part. After hooking it up to Micks 170 Backback the GUI TEST LCDPANEL command preformed as normal but when the GUI CALIBRATE command is run on the second touch an error is thrown "Touch Hardware Error"

Thought I would share the experience in case somebody else runs into the same issue

Regards
Jman

Thanks Jman,

I recently received these two that came with a touch pen included. (ebay alice1101983). One does not work at all but the second has display working but gives the touch error you describe with GUI calibrate. The boards seem to have a additional 3.3v regulator and the touch panel enters the screen near the bottom rather than near the top. Also no TJCTM2402-SPI silk screen.
The web site no longer shows the picture that was there when I bought the items and shows the old image with TJCTM2402-SPI so maybe they send these agauin now. Even the ebay link to 'the items you purchased' has a changed image.

I am away for a couple more weeks but will give your workaround a go when I get back.
Regards
Gerry

Latest F4 Latest H7

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 08:51pm 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Crikey,

I just bought three and they arrived last week, I have checked and they are the original type.. Hopefully they will be OK.

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

jman

Guru

Posted: 10:50pm 21 Aug 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Heres a Pic of the PCB on the bad LCD's
Note the missing pin MISO pin this the fix that got it going.
The wire links are a result of my tests with a different touch panel

@disco4now yes this one also came with a little touch stylus

Regards
Jman

disco4now

Guru

Posted: 11:19pm 01 Sep 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The two I have are the same as the picture above. I have snipped off the MISO pin and one is working OK now.
The second just shows the backlight and no display data as before, but the touch can be calibrated blind and prints back to the terminal that is done.

Thanks to Jman I have saved one.

I did notice when I just swapped the LCD into a setup that had the original type LCD setup that is worked but touch was mirrored left/right. GUI Calibrate fixed it, but seems this one and the original are reversed left/right

Well I have two nice little touch stylus now anyway.

Regards
Gerry
Latest F4 Latest H7

Phil23
Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 02 Sep 2016
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Might Jump on the end of this thread.

Found one of my backpacks constantly rebooting this morning.

The watchdog was triggering it.
Could not find anything obvious, could open the editor, but on other occasions it became totally inaccessible before a reset.

Have just reflashed it.

OPTION LCDPANEL ILI9341, LANDSCAPE, 2, 23, 6
OPTION TOUCH 7, 15
>

Test works fine, I get coloured circles,
But Calibrate shows the first target the it disappears & freezes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Phil.

Edit:-

I think what is happening is it is detecting a touch immediately after CALIBRATE is run.

It's just like when you normally touch the target & then it disappears.

In a couple of occasions the 2nd target has appeared, but ultimately I end up with a Hardware failure & the prompt back.

Most occasion I think it may be interpreting a permanent TouchDown.

Interesting side note is it rained all last night.
This MM is outdoors, but was protected from the weather, but would have still been exposed to very high humidity overnight.

Edited by Phil23 2016-09-04

miyek.ard

Posted: 08:46am 10 Apr 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi,

I faced same problem as Jman. I checked the short and/or dry joints. I checked CS, SCK, MISO and MOSI pins. And I tried to change the orientation. But the problem is still there.vAlso I check the continuity, all just fine.

I am using ILI9341 with MM+.

Is there any other solution?

Geoffg

Guru

Posted: 08:52am 10 Apr 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Are you sure that the box that it is mounted in is not pressing on the display (front or sides)?
Geoff Graham - http://geoffg.net

miyek.ard

Posted: 09:15am 10 Apr 2018
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I think my TFT has no problem because I already tried using two TFTs and the same problem occurred.

I am sure the problem comes from my MM+ board as I once used the TFT with another MM+ board and there is no such the problem.Edited by miyek.ard 2018-04-11

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024