Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 07:50 07 May 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Pi-cromite

jman

Guru

Posted: 10:47pm 08 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi
Now that we have MMBasic on the Pi I was wondering if one the Linux gurus could assist?

I have a some data acquired via the serial port that MMBasic can handle and creates a file with the desired content. I would like to overlay this files contents on static image using the Pi's standard video interface (composite in my case). The file will change every few minutes so I assume the static image will need to be refreshed and the file contents redisplayed.

I have seen FIM but the text overlay is to rigid and you cannot place the text were you want. (And the text bit looks real ugly) FIM

So in a nutshell does anybody know how to do this or at least point me in the correct direction.

Many thanks
Jman

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 06:46am 09 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

rddtools?

jman

Guru

Posted: 09:18am 09 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Thanks for the reply could you post a link to rddtools I used DR Google but the results were not promising

Regards
Jman

atmega8

Guru

Posted: 10:16am 09 May 2017
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Is your google broken ?

Rddtool link

and

MRTG

visualization for every kind of dataEdited by atmega8 2017-05-10

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024